Closed Thread
Page 18 of 105 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am feeding and rocking. Feeding and rocking. Just.. feeding and rocking *yawn*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am feeding and rocking. Feeding and rocking. Just.. feeding and rocking *yawn*.
    Movie time?

DS2 isn't feeding as much overnight Now. Still waking but only having a bit of boob then drifting. Good as he isnt vomiting constantly. But still waking and needing to be held. Yawn also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why did I write that? Vomited in my bed all over his swaddleup 😫.

As he will only sleep being held after 2am I have been on google for hours and I am convinced his has reflux issues (BF counsellor also suggested). Really keen to see if reflux meds make any difference. Going to GP for his vax today so I will mention it. While he is ok most of day, his 2am episodes are like a textbook description of reflux disease where he squirms and grunts and gets upset and ends up vomiting curdled milk. And won't lie on his back. We already have his bassinet mattress slightly elevated and the pram also, but this time of night it seems to be so much worse and he looks just really uncomfortable. Starting my day at 2am (after 2-3 hours sleep if I am lucky) is not sustainable.

Also going to make a concerted effort to avoid all dairy for a week and see if that makes any difference. I don't actually drink cows milk and have plenty of dairy free days but occasionally have cheese or yoghurt so maybe that's causing it. Apparently milk protein allergy can cause reflux in babies so it's worth exploring. And pretty easy for me being virtually dairy free anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Why did I write that? Vomited in my bed all over his swaddleup 😫.

As he will only sleep being held after 2am I have been on google for hours and I am convinced his has reflux issues (BF counsellor also suggested). Really keen to see if reflux meds make any difference. Going to GP for his vax today so I will mention it. While he is ok most of day, his 2am episodes are like a textbook description of reflux disease where he squirms and grunts and gets upset and ends up vomiting curdled milk. And won't lie on his back. We already have his bassinet mattress slightly elevated and the pram also, but this time of night it seems to be so much worse and he looks just really uncomfortable. Starting my day at 2am (after 2-3 hours sleep if I am lucky) is not sustainable.

Also going to make a concerted effort to avoid all dairy for a week and see if that makes any difference. I don't actually drink cows milk and have plenty of dairy free days but occasionally have cheese or yoghurt so maybe that's causing it. Apparently milk protein allergy can cause reflux in babies so it's worth exploring. And pretty easy for me being virtually dairy free anyway.
    If attempting true dairy free you'll need to check ingredients in almost everything you eat. It is really amazing how many products contain milk solids in them. I went through all the Elimination diet stuff with my DS too. It's not much fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    wondering why my almond milk coffee tastes like coconuts!?

sunny that's complete poo about the voms in bed! creates a truckload of work for us! I copped one vom in bed yesterday and was playing catch up all day! my side of the doona stunk of puke lol.

I reckon it's that bloody rotavirus vax, he's not been himself at all. hopefully X goes ok with his vax today and there's no lingering side effects after!

I'd definitely mention the reflux thing to the doctor too. certainly sounds like it could be the culprit!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    If attempting true dairy free you'll need to check ingredients in almost everything you eat. It is really amazing how many products contain milk solids in them. I went through all the Elimination diet stuff with my DS too. It's not much fun.
    It shouldn't be too hard I eat mainly whole foods. I am a label reader and don't have much processed or packaged stuff. The main culprits for me are cheese, yoghurt and chocolate. I don't even have butter (and def not margarine). The main painful thing for me is I just bought a jar of Meredith goat feta was so excited to have it again after avoiding feta while pregnant 😂. Now have to avoid that too. If it works it's worth it though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Movie time?

DS2 isn't feeding as much overnight Now. Still waking but only having a bit of boob then drifting. Good as he isnt vomiting constantly. But still waking and needing to be held. Yawn also.
    Ended up going to sleep after midnight. Then had a good chunk of sleep.

DD has been vomitting less but is very windy. I need to burp her lots even though she is BF.

I am now watching GI Joe Retaliation. For the eye candy lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Excited about poop!

My 2 yo DD who has shown no real interest in TT did a poop on the potty!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am annoyed at myself. Wrote a lovely thank you card for my OB to give to her at 6 wk postnatal apt. Got here and realise I left it at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am annoyed at myself. Wrote a lovely thank you card for my OB to give to her at 6 wk postnatal apt. Got here and realise I left it at home.
    annoying!! I hate it when that happens! can you mail instead?