Closed Thread
Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    he's not "crying" because something is wrong. I would never do that. he's tired to the point of over tired. sometimes if I get him before he reached over tired then yes, he goes down happy and quiet. but sometimes I miss that window of time and he crosses over into over tired. an over tired baby will take longer to fall asleep. but I know nothing is the matter. as I've explained, he usually does a couple of wahhhhs broken up with a cough/snort, then silence. he conks out.

I thought that's how a baby fell asleep when they are over tired.

he's not screaming and definitely not for any length of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#16

I'm impressed you can tell at 7 weeks. And I'm not saying that facetiously. I genuinely could never tell with any of mine. But mine had reflux and other problems so grizzling was never really an option!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (16-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I thought that's how a baby fell asleep when they are over tired.

he's not screaming and definitely not for any length of time.
    Not all babies. If your bub goes down that easily you are lucky. My DS would never fall asleep on his own when overtired. Even now he does not.

He needed another feed, cuddles, walk in carrier or a bounce on the fitness ball.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#16

so your kids just fall asleep silently every time?

I am not leaving him screaming. he's tired, he's telling me he's ready for a sleep by the way he is crying (which I can distinguish from his hungry/dirty diaper/something is wrong cries). if I know he's tired then what is wrong with putting him down for a nap?
    Trying desperately not too pen a can of worms here. Do whatever you are comfortable with @turquoisecoast. Please don't be made to feel guilty or question yourself.

CIO is leaving a distressed baby to cry without reassurance, not a bit of grizzling/protesting at bed. That is not what is going on here.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (16-04-2016),HearMeRoar  (16-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (16-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (16-04-2016),wobbleyhorse  (16-04-2016),~Marigold~  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    This - fed to sleep till I weaned them. My kids have never cried themselves to sleep.
    we have a different routine to this.

ours is sleep - feed - play. then start again. if he wakes hungry then he gets fed. after a feed he wakes up and is happy/alert so we play til he gets tired. so I put him down for a nap. this is then repeated all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#16

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    CIO is leaving a distressed baby to cry without reassurance, not a bit of grizzling/protesting at bed. That is not what is going on here.
    thank you.

he's not even protesting, he's just too tired to know what he wants. he's 7 weeks old ffs. he's communicating in the only way he knows how. I can distinguish between his different cries so I feel we are very much in sync and I feel I have a good understanding of my baby's needs at any given point in time.

he rarely, if ever, cries for no reason. sometimes he fusses but tired grizzling I can differentiate and know he's not far off from needing sleep.

as for falling asleep at the boob, any time that's happened and I've tried to transition him to cot/bassinet, he wakes up. so it's better for all involved if he falls asleep IN his cot/basso to begin with.
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 16-04-2016 at 17:40.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have a different routine to this.

ours is sleep - feed - play. then start again. if he wakes hungry then he gets fed. after a feed he wakes up and is happy/alert so we play til he gets tired. so I put him down for a nap. this is then repeated all day.
    This is advocated by many mchns. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this approach.
    I wish it worked for my dds who only fell asleep with boob

Please please don't start questioning what you are doing, if it's working then great! Xx

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (16-04-2016),HearMeRoar  (16-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (16-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    This is advocated by many mchns. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this approach.
    I wish it worked for my dds who only fell asleep with boob

Please please don't start questioning what you are doing, if it's working then great! Xx
    This.

I don't think what you are doing is wrong. Hell I wish my kids would put themselves to sleep!

Every baby is different. Everyone parents differently. If it works for you then keep going.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (16-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Not all babies. If your bub goes down that easily you are lucky. My DS would never fall asleep on his own when overtired. Even now he does not.

He needed another feed, cuddles, walk in carrier or a bounce on the fitness ball.
    I guess I'm lucky then! my ds is a good sleeper, I can't really complain about his sleeping at all. he does fall asleep on his own, which I'm grateful for.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm impressed you can tell at 7 weeks. And I'm not saying that facetiously. I genuinely could never tell with any of mine. But mine had reflux and other problems so grizzling was never really an option!
    his cries and behaviour when hungry as compared to when he's full, but tired, are quite different.

who knows, maybe he's a very easy baby. who knows, maybe this will all change and what works now is only temporary.