+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wwyd

Last edited by mummymaybe; 11-04-2016 at 10:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would hold my.head high. It was a fraught situation to begin with.

If you really want to, you could pop a note in the letter boxes saying sorry if we disturbed you on x, then explain the situation. I don't know if it's necessarily warranted, but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

You've got neighbours who are looking out for you both though, so that's a good thing ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would just continue on as normal.

I'm sure if this is a one-off incident (meaning you are not regularly having screaming matches) that your neighbours will assume you were just having a bad day and they'll soon forget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    sorry to hear about the fight. it's completely understandable given the distressing nature of the situation. it's only natural and a completely normal reaction to each be upset and react more strongly than usual.

do you know who called the police? that's quite extreme given there was only shouting/swearing (like not like they could hear someone being thrown against a wall or anything I assume). anyway, what's done is done. hold your head high, everyone argues and fights. some fights will be worse than others. it's unfortunate the neighbour overheard and felt they should call the police but they obviously we're acting out of everyone's best interests and didn't mean any harm.

just continue as normal, you know the reason behind the conflict and certainly it's no reason for you to have to hide or move house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I guess it's nice to know that they are listening out for us.

Just very embarrassing in the aftermath. I'm still firmly in the pack up and move camp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    😂 That's an awful lot of effort for some minor short term embarrassment.

It will be ok. I had to regularly call the police for my old neighbours (but there was definite DV situation there, it was not just loud arguing). I didn't see the need for them to feel embarrassed or ashamed (except for the guy who was the instigator and he clearly didn't feel either). I dare say your neighbours would just assume it was a bad day, and not think anything else of it. Don't stress.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It will blow over and your neighbours won't be thinking about this half as much as you are.
    I do understand how you'd be feeling though so perhaps go the letter in the mail box route; at least then you can rest assured that no one is gossiping or thinking negatively/jumping to to conclusions. I'd like to say that that is "their problem, you know what is right and wrong, let them think what they want" but in all honesty I'd probably be feeling exactly like you are and be mulling over it constantly.
    Keep the note brief, perhaps start off by saying " Dear neighbour, I live at XXX and just wanted to clarify an incident that occurred on XXX" and go from there.

On a personal note, years ago my brother had a new girlfriend and she came over to our house for the first for dinner and drinks. She was a very troubled individual at the time and (unbeknownst to me) was taking a plethora of anti psychotic medication and coupled with too much alcohol she flipped out towards the end of the night - went totally ballistic, incoherent screaming, pulled my blinds off the window, smashed through a glass door, run up the street in hysterics... It was full on and the next morning I was beyond mortified thinking that my neighbours (having only heard a female voice) would have thought it was me! So anyway, my dad visited later in the day and I (too embarrassed to do it myself) asked if he would go next door and explain briefly what happened and that wasn't me they had heard. I was certain they'd heard. Turns out the wife wasn't even home so was clueless and the husband stated he was sleeping at said time and hadn't heard a thing.
    I'm great at turning everything into the worse case scenario in my head, so keep in mind it might have only been that one household who overheard. Try not to beat yourself up (easier said than done, I know), you're not the first couple on earth to have engaged in a heated/loud argument. And based on the circumstances, it's completely understandable. I'm so sorry that you've lost those precious photos, is there any back up or way to retrieve them at all?
    Take care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a million ladies. I shall keep a low profile and hopefully there will be something new to talk about soon.

Photos found and it all seems a little silly now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-04-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you must be so relieved, that's fantastic news!