+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    . And to top that off, they can now not grieve in peace because they have every armchair commentator calling them horrible names all over the internet because of this story. It makes my blood boil. If you don't agree with what they've chosen you should keep your mouth shut. Their baby boy is dying. Definitely dying. How would you feel if there were people all over Australia making awful comments about you if one of your DS's was facing terminal cancer? As if they don't have enough on their plate.
    I really am sorry for what the parents are going through. However when the parents chose to do the 60 minutes story what did they think would happen? Perhaps they were hoping public support would somehow lead to the judges decision being overturned.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Due within a month .... or 50% chance of living for at least another 5 years. I haven't read anything to suggest the poor child will likely have severe brain damage. I honestly don't understand how this is even a choice that is open for debate.
    Because it's a free country thank god.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I really am sorry for what the parents are going through. However when the parents chose to do the 60 minutes story what did they think would happen? Perhaps they were hoping public support would somehow lead to the judges decision being overturned.?
    Public views don't win you appeals. They may be hoping to raise awareness and funds to pay for an appeal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-04-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Due within a month .... or 50% chance of living for at least another 5 years. I haven't read anything to suggest the poor child will likely have severe brain damage. I honestly don't understand how this is even a choice that is open for debate.
    Living another 5 years in agony from his therapies. Which won't cure him. He'll live another 5 years in constant agony. In the small, tiny hope that advanced therapies are discovered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The article posted above talks about the radiation induced brain damage.

I did some reading about the type of cancer this little boy has and my heart breaks for him and his family. Look, I sit on the fence on whether or not I would have my child undergo the treatment.

I really hope that the outcome is brighter for this family than how it appears now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    VP read the article I posted.
    I think your comments are in really poor taste.
    I am sincerely sorry if my comments have been perceived as offensive. That's the last thing I want when a poor boy is struggling for his life

However I won't apologise for my views on this - I think the parents absolutely had their kids best intentions at heart but made a call that was not in their sons best interests. I can't be that off base of a team of medical professionals and a judge agrees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Living another 5 years in agony from his therapies. Which won't cure him. He'll live another 5 years in constant agony. In the small, tiny hope that advanced therapies are discovered.
    Can I ask how you know what the next five years and beyond will be like?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to try and word this as delicately as I can because when it comes down to it there's a poor little boy who is sick and probably scared. What a gut wrenching situation to be in - my heart is breaking for the little boy and his family

I can't help but feel really ****ed off at the parents though. Delaying treatment that increase the chances of their child surviving from 0 to 50-60% just because they couldn't understand how putting 'poisons' in their child's body would help him. And having him take a special juice mix from Asia instead. To me this is a red flag that there is probably something wrong with the parents mentally. From the story I got the impression that the mother was living by an ideology and cause instead of for her child. And the husband was just doing whatever his strong willed wife wanted.

I get that treatment isn't nice and has side effects. However the parents are using mild and mostly treatable side effects as reason to not give their child treatment that could save his life!!!! Their perspective is severely and weirdly distorted.

It really ****es me of when ideological bleeters like this think they know better than trained medical professionals. I am ****ed off that their inaction has already reduced the likelihood their child will survive.

Just want to give the judge a high five at the same time I shake the parents and say "what the heck!!"

Sorry if this offends anyone. I can't help it - it's how I feel. Did try to keep it relatively tame.
    Here are your 'tame' comments that I find so offensive. Disgraceful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicho View Post
    Yes. As soon as I saw Mum 'researching' on Google she lost all credibility.
    I really don't want to further inflame things however feel I must mention that I just read the mother is a naturopath. May offer an explanation as to why she's relying on google instead of the advice of trained medical professionals.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default 60 minutes: court order treatment for child

Here are your 'tame' comments that I find so offensive. Disgraceful.
    I was emotional at what the poor boy is going through and am passionate in thinking the parents have made the wrong call. I thought I was tame. Maybe not tame enough for you. Is there any reason in particular that this resonates with you? I'm not going to agree with you just because you're upset. But I can tailor my approval if there are particular personal sensitivities.

Can you accept though that someone (and a team of doctors.... And a judge) disagrees (passionately) with you on this topic?
    Last edited by VicPark; 10-04-2016 at 22:24.