Closed Thread
Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a little wet bag (zip up cloth bag that's lined with laminate so its water proof) and you just throw them in there and zip it up.

For storing - apparently the more airflow the less the smell .. A laundry hamper style container is good. I've got a dog that would get into it all so I've got a bigger version of the wetbag to throw into a pail so poochy can't sift through and 'sample'. Also rinse nappies that have been used overnight to reduce strong wee smells.

Oh and kristyj!! Such a cute pic! That nose! Those lips!! Eeeee!!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default IVF Babies Due August/Sept/Oct'16 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Interesting! Cloth diapers never crossed my mind. Something to think about.

What about changing the nappy when you're out and about? Do u just put it in a plastic bag and bring it home with you?
    Also, does storing the dirty nappies for 2-3days smell? And where do u store them?
    Yeah I just changed it out and about. I have wet bags made from PUL which is waterproof and smell proof when zipped, so I'd just pop in a bag and then wash when home.

I dry pail in a bucket (no water) and I just put a sprinkle of bicarb at the bottom and it doesn't smell. I scrape poop off and rinse if necessary. I don't have to cover it with a lid either.

I bought a metre of micro polar fleece online for $5/metre which I use as reusable liners because a) it makes cleaning a bit easier and b) it wicks moisture away keeping bottoms as dry as possible. If they were ever totally soiled and gross I would just throw the liner away.

Once you sort out your system it's easy, I don't find it much harder than disposables at all.

Edit: I store them in a drawer in her bedroom. I'll take a pic tomorrow for you to have a look
    Last edited by rainbow road; 08-07-2016 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It never occurred to me not to use cloth tbh. Our family has always done it (well let's be honest; every family has always done it save for the last two generations).
    It cost me $300 to get a stash bigger than I could ever possibly need, and I'll never have a constant expense of nappies to budget for.
    Obviously economic benefits are immense, but that's just an added benefit for me. Plus, they're so cute!!!

I found this online tonight, I think I'll have a go at making it
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467980714.475143.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kristyj. Cute little button nose!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

Kristyj  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So Miss Zoe latched today for 3 feeds and took the bottle! So close to getting her without the tube! Another week I think it will be gone! She just needs to get the energy up to feed a full feed I am hoping my milk comes in with my iron infusion today and the fact she is latching so stimulating more! If I can't BF then least I know I have done everything possible! Cloth nappies isn't an option for me as the hospital doesn't support it... I am waiting for the thank you group nappies to come out! There going to be biodegradable and I'm happy to pay more to support a cause that supports charities! I bought the book to support the nappy fund drive! Also poo's return to normal within 7-10 days then they get constipated which we are currently going thru and I'm hoping that poo isn't one I have to change haha
    We are making the most of our journey so far but can't wait to be normal parents! We miss her heaps when home and honestly both feel a little like life hasn't changed much even though we are back and forth today I spent 12 hours at the hospital... My partner 3 hours(he was working otherwise)... Can't wait to hear of more births xxxx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (09-07-2016),gypsychild  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We won't be using cloth at the hospital. We will start around 4-6wo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Barca I'm renting newborn cloth nappies for 6 weeks to see if I like them and which styles we prefer. I can pick them up a few weeks before my due date and the owner of the business will teach me how to use them. I won't use them at the hospital but will when I get home I hope. For me its mainly about reducing landfill. There are some awesome Facebook groups that are all about the best way to use and clean cloth nappies. They even tell you the exact instructions for your washing machine. Everyone I have told has said I will give up after a few weeks and go back to disposables - maybe thats true but I'd like to have a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought clirh nappies first time round never used thwm. I found disposables easy and very convenient. Straight in the bin

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    We won't be using cloth at the hospital. We will start around 4-6wo
    I used terry cloth in the hospital (they provided) then used up all the newborn Huggies I was given at my shower, then started cloth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Starting to pack hospital bag. I totally forgot how teeny new born nappiea are
    Attached Images