Closed Thread
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Oh RR you reminded me I need to sort out some storage for my cloth nappies. I want to make a hanging bag but I've been putting it off cos I don't know where to start lol.
    Before long you'll be using the washing basket because you cbf getting them sorted 😂

I have a drawer for them and then a bucket to dry pail them. I try to alternate them so they get even wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And my day has finished with a quick run to chemist warehouse to get mini sized toiletries to go in my hospital bag

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mrs tugs and rainbow road.

Interested that you are using cloth nappies? You don't hear that much these days. How did you guys come to the decision??

Meshell, sounds like you have been productive!!! We have friends staying in our spare room (future nursery). They leave next weekend and then the nesting will begin!! I've been itching to start the last couple of weeks, so looking forward to next weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using cloth too :-)
    I will put in my reasonings:
    a) I have super sensitive skin so anticipating bubs will be the same. Hoping cloth will be kinder to her skin
    b) price. I bought all of my nappies (65) 2nd hand. They are in great condition and will hopefully last til toilet training - cost me $320. I have enough to only wash every 2nd or 3rd day so energy/water use shouldn't be too much
    c) Eco friendlier. Although some say with the water and energy usage they aren't that much more eco friendly at least it reduces landfill
    d) looks. Crazy reason I know but some of those nappies are just so damned cute!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add though that I will be using disposables for the first couple of weeks til I get normal poops and I work out the rest of the whole baby stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Mrs tugs and rainbow road.

Interested that you are using cloth nappies? You don't hear that much these days. How did you guys come to the decision??

Meshell, sounds like you have been productive!!! We have friends staying in our spare room (future nursery). They leave next weekend and then the nesting will begin!! I've been itching to start the last couple of weeks, so looking forward to next weekend
    I used them with DS so I'll reuse his nappies. My reasons were:

1) affordability especially if going through multiple kids which we will reap the benefit from this time

2) sensitivity - I prefer the idea of natural fibres on my bub's bottom, I also use cloth wipes for that reason especially while little

3) I don't work so the washing wasn't an issue

Plus they're cute!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by woof5105 View Post
    I'm using cloth too :-)
    I will put in my reasonings:
    a) I have super sensitive skin so anticipating bubs will be the same. Hoping cloth will be kinder to her skin
    b) price. I bought all of my nappies (65) 2nd hand. They are in great condition and will hopefully last til toilet training - cost me $320. I have enough to only wash every 2nd or 3rd day so energy/water use shouldn't be too much
    c) Eco friendlier. Although some say with the water and energy usage they aren't that much more eco friendly at least it reduces landfill
    d) looks. Crazy reason I know but some of those nappies are just so damned cute!!!
    Hahahaha, same reasons really

Yes reducing landfill was another big one for me. Mostly it was affordability though, everything else was a bonus. I've got enough nappies to get through 2-3 days with a small baby without washing if I want.

I do have disposables on hand for the odd occasion and once DS started sleeping through he wore disposables at night because I just couldn't find a night nappy that kept him dry until morning.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (08-07-2016),woof5105  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due August/Sept/Oct'16 #2

Hi ladies glad to see you are all going well I'm 28weeks and 3 days today
    7 weeks left of work and really starting to get tired... Scan this morning and everything perfect they say! so in love with my little girl
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kristyj; 09-07-2016 at 09:57.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kristyj For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (08-07-2016),gypsychild  (09-07-2016),Mona424  (08-07-2016),rainbow road  (08-07-2016),woof5105  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting! Cloth diapers never crossed my mind. Something to think about.

What about changing the nappy when you're out and about? Do u just put it in a plastic bag and bring it home with you?
    Also, does storing the dirty nappies for 2-3days smell? And where do u store them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kristyj. Cute little button nose!