Closed Thread
Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SRC and my god they help hold it all together I couldn't wear mine today as was discharged so being checked all the time and man I felt it...
    So we have left hospital and home but still have Zoe in the nursery for quite a while... Fingers crossed she grows out of the premmie issues quickly x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the update TTC!

Must be hard to leave Zoe, but I'm sure you'll be happy to be in your own bed!

Re: compression shorts. Do they recommend anything similar for Vaginal deliveries?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure Barca but I reckon they would be just as useful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another question from me! (I feel like I'm constantly asking questions here #sorry!)

But have been reading about breastfeeding and nearly everything I have read tells me to have options. Eg biggest options being bottles and a breast pump incase my boobs need a break and I have to express.... And I suppose if I have bottles already easier if **** goes crazy I can get formula !

What do you ladies think? I've read that pumping can be less painful...and can give your boobs a break...

And well if I'm gonna be brutally honest, I'm petrified of breastfeeding as I feel like my boobs/nipples are sensitive without being pregnant let alone after birth and having a little one latch on and suck like crazy!!!!
    I really wanna persist with breastfeeding due to $$ and accessibility etc, so although extra annoying with having to sanitise bottles I'll do what I have to do!!!

My husband and I have bought nothing really (well we have the cot/pram/car seat) but nothing basic, am waiting till after the baby shower to see what (having t earlier than others due to this reason! Aka is in 4 weeks where I'll only be like 28weeks...lol) I get and then I wanna slowly start buying each week- down to nappies/wipes etc.

I know there is so much I need that it is so overwhelming just writing this! Literally as I write I'm thinking of other **** I need!!! Haha

Sorry have totally gone off topic a little!!

But yes any help with the pump etc would be great! Thanks all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Barca- I did a quick Google search for the SRC ones after TTC mentioned them and they say they are good for episiotomies as well as C sections - so they may be good.

Hope all Is still going well TTCa and everyone else.

I'm in week 3 of mat leave now and sooo glad.....only 35+3, but good lord am becoming less and less mobile as the days go by- have carpel tunnel now constantly with tingly fingers which my OB has said there is nothing I can really do about it - will go away after the babies are born......just seems if there is something obscure that is pregnancy related I will get it!!

Oh well- only 2wks+3 to go.....still working on my hospital bag, and the baby bag, but getting closer every day!!

Take care all xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tassie put money aside for pump and buy after birth if you think still necessary. You don't know what you'll need and no point wasting money on something you literally might never use.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given 2 pumps from friends (2nd hand). One manual and one electric. If I didn't have access I would have waited to buy. You could always hire for a short period to give one a go if you want to try but are unsure.

I am concerned about breast feeding as well but mine is due to my nipples being inverted ... Apparently pumps help to break the adhesions to get them to 'pop out' a bit quicker than baby does.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found breastfeeding do much easier than trying to pump best time i found to pump was when baby was feeding on other boob. My only suggestion for when breastfeeding is buying some lanisohn cream that stuff is magic when your nipples are a bit sore. After a few days i found nipples hurt then they somewhat toughened up and all was fine. My son never took to a bottle there was no need he was breastfed til 22 months

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Save the money and wait to see if you need it. That's what we did with our dd. I had to mix feed to begin with so I was lucky I had already bought bottles. And I highly recommend getting a electric breast pump! My sister had manual and said it was ridiculous how long it took. So if you have the money go electric!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

tassiewife  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I hit a bit of a hiccup this week (not with bubs though- he is all good)! I'm currently in hospital with pneumonia after coming to emergency Sunday arvo. I couldn't catch my breath all day, couldn't keep food down because of my cough, had a temp and just generally felt awful. Saw dial a doctor on saturday- complete waste of time so hubby cracked it and brought me in.

I was in ED all night sunday with Drs trying to stabilise my oxygen levels which took ages but even now they're not quite where they should be. I've been on IV fluids and antibiotics and I'm starting to feel better which is a relief and it shouldn't take 6 weeks to recover this time. Bubs was checked regularly and got hyper from all the ventolin and other medications they were giving me- I've never felt him push his bum out, kick and headbutt me so hard or much before.

Hubby is forcing me to stay as long as the Drs will let me- he's in full protection mode! I've realised I need to stop fighting him on it by being so independent and listen to him when he's concerned. I have a terrible habit of thinking I don't need help until I go into full breakdown mode. It's not the most fun place but I'm in a private hospital in an isolation room with a view across a carpark to a lake- almost similar to a hotel apart from everyone wearing face masks to come see me. 😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

So it seems the info you get about pregnancy and the importance of getting your flu vaccination, especially if you are asthmatic is true... at least in my case anyways.

Sorry for the novel! It's been an interesting few days... hope everyone is doing okay.