Closed Thread
Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will get mine in as soon as i can lodge which i think will be 3 months before due date so a few weeks away. We just make it work? I put down for 12months off when i had my son after 8 months i went back to work 2 days a week for a little sanity he was so ready for the interaction that kids get at childcare. So i did 3.5months living off husbands wage then another 6 months of husband wage plus me working 2 days a week it was fine we managed mortgage and bills were paid in amongst it we sold a house and built a bigger one. This time i am not going back for 12 months i will not be in a hurry to as it will mean more in child care costs as we dont receive any tax benefit or discount for child care only the 50percent back everyone gets child care is a huge cost for us. My son goes 4 days a week its currently costing me $396 a week 😑

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Woof how far along are you?

Lol Mona, not easily...
    32 weeks on Wednesday ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona424 View Post
    I think I was lucky enough to get my PPL application in today and it took me about 20mins. I think it was easy enough for me because I've claimed for it before??

I'm getting super tired, my belly is currently measuring 38weeks and I'm only 32 now I'm over it, just want this baby out!!!!

How do you ladies survive without any assistance from your employer? Without it from my employer plus the PPL we wouldn't be able to do it, especially after having to pay for the IVF...
    We won't be able to survive so I go back to work straight after PPL - hubby switches to p/t work and SAHD .. And my dad will be babysitter as he has retired - the girl will be spoiled!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well before I got pregnant with DS we started living off one income and saving the other, so we've had a lot of practise. Being a sahm is not easy financially but we've managed to make it work. I've been studying as well so when our kiddies start school I'll have a new career to step into and no big breaks for maternity leave etc to consider.

I definitely consider myself very fortunate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in awe of you ladies! While I'm off I plan to look for another job. I love the work I currently do but management are just horrible... Seriously the moral is so low. Our head of management is apparently doing something about it but nothing seems to be changing and I'm over it.

Childcare will be a killer for us too but unfortunately mine or my husband's parents haven't retired yet so it's our only option. Currently for my daughter it costs me $372 a fn (with rebate). That's 4 days a week and I only supply nappies. They provide food.

We were living in Canberra but in a small house so sold it in June last year and bought land outside of Canberra to build on as its so much cheaper and will mean that we get a bigger house. If we didn't have to pay for the build atm, I'd be able to have extra time.. I tell you I'm so overwhelmed with everything at the moment, so much going on!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Woof if she's still head down it's extremely unlikely she will shift now. She's just being efficient

I'd love to be a sahm. I'll have to go back to work on nights and weekends as soon as PPL is finished. Have noone to look after him so can't get a day job.
    There's no way the work I would find would cover day care costs and still bring home enough to be worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies who have previously claimed ppl. Can you help with a question. Do i want to be taxed on payments? Then it says amount of $10 a week that wouldnt be enoughif my employer pays me do they just tax me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your employer does the tax Component! I'm not sure how much it is but I think as I will be paid as well I will take about $200 per week in tax out! And tugs I have to work financially and mentally I think as much as would love to stay home you sound like me
    Where your partner can do most of the care when you work which means he will have time with the baby as well and I think that is extra special! Most of my hours are evening and weekends just calls and emails during the day so I only ever plan on max 2 days a week Childcare which is only $104 a week after rebates

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was unsure if i just select no for them to tax me. Im waiting to hear from HR to see what happens i might call into centrelink today i logged in and all my details are pre filled from last time just have to read over and answer a few questions i will get ready now and just submit when i am within time frame

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have that question meshell that's interesting