Upcoming scans/tests:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Meshell!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Only one surprise that's very interesting 😊 wonder if that's indicative of women with fertility issues or just women in general. Very interesting...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (28-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's the opposite for me. I kinda felt that falling pregnant has been so clinical, scientific and intrusive (we use donor sperm for DH has no sperm), that I wanted to keep as much as I could 'natural'. If that makes sense?? not finding out was the last piece of a 'normal' pregnancy I could keep...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (29-05-2016),MrsTugs  (30-05-2016),ttc1981  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely understand that Barca ... The whole IVF process really takes all the romance and surprise out of it.
    We found out only because we were finding unisex colours for clothes really difficult.
    As it turns out as soon as we were given all the clothes we need for the first 2 years from friends who have had girls.

Part of me though wishes it was a surprise

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    First time we found out because I was sure we were having a girl and I wanted to bond with Bub as a boy if he was one - he was.

Second time I found out because I really wanted a girl and wanted my disappointment over with sooner if if was a boy (but she is a girl so I was thrilled). Not proud of it but that's just where I was at.

Next time we will have a surprise as I'll have clothes and things for both sexes and would love to experience a surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby wanted to know because he didn't have the option with his first and I'm a total control freak. If I'm able to have some control, even if it is only over finding out the sex of bubs I'm going to! It's probably over compensating for the total lack of control over my fertility issues! 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting reading how you all felt with IVF... We had no choice as my partner has azoospermia but from his TESE sperm was found straight away... I am fine with it because we wanted a Bub and this was the only way! Finding out was because I'm also a total control freak and really wanted a girl anyways so happy we are having one! I too would really like to go natural to keep something natural as possible... Though Bub is still breach so really at the end of the day I just want a healthy baby just started getting pelvic pain so hoping that doesn't hang around ... It was all going so smoothly HA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always adamant that I didn't want to know.... But my husband has always wanted to know.
    Normally the DH will let me make the decision but I decided that it shouldn't always be that way and there are so many things I got my way for that j felt like I needed to give him something... Sounds weird but it's kinda fair. It's hard as if he didn't wanna know then it would be an easier decision and it has taken me ages to come to terms with finding out, and we're not the type to only have one know and not the other! Haha
    Plus the unisex clothes were not loving !
    We get to find out Thursday at our scan!
    It is such a personal thing and only you and your husband back decide.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tassiewife For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    IVF for us although so difficult physically and emotionally, was really quite a breeze for me. I didn't struggle too much with the actual concept of it. Of course the days were hard and long, but I didn't build resentment or anything like that. I remember when we found out and hubby and I were just immediately like "ok what's the next step". No deliberating, wondering, just lets do this.

Finding out the sex for us was always going to happen. I always knew I would, and was relieved DH was on the same page. It made things very simple. He really wanted a boy and I'm glad we found out as the bonding process has been really wonderful. The planning is much easier too, generic clothes suck.

We will find out for number two, to avoid gender disappointment and help bonding. If we get our pigeon pair we may have a surprise for three.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (30-05-2016)