Closed Thread
Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at the opposite end of the scale ttc - I'm on extra monitoring now as she is on the big side of things. Scan last week (28w1d) had her at 1.33kg and above average head and tummy. Average sized legs (they'd previously been measuring 2 weeks ahead so she's grown into them).

Makes sense that it comes down to blood issues. I'm still on steroids and they are thinking her growth is a combination of that and diabetes - even though all of the tests show me as being negative for diabetes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you don't get admitted though - that would suck. But glad you are winding back work. I'm starting to work from home a few days a week as of tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have assistants that can take over, realistically I only have to work Sunday's till I have bubs so no big deal having others take the appointments during the week... I will go back to Sunday's after about 4 weeks and then I run the business so can work appointments in when my partner is home so bubs will always be with one of us... Plus my sister is one of my assistants so she can also watch her if I go to an appointment... I am not fazed with work though... I am just glad we have the house sorted, nursery done and only things left are to get the car seats installed... but my partner can sort that if things happen earlier...
    I don't think they will admit me at all... my Dr is away so have his back up and his daughter just came 6 weeks early so he is very relaxed and said bubs is moving and head size is normal HA... Hopeful I am still so small in my belly so I knew something was up... I would say at 25 weeks your belly is bigger than mine at 30 weeks... Everyone is different though I know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ttc1981

I know you've mentioned it before. But what is your blood disorder?
    Are u still on Clexane? And are they considering steroids?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have prothrombin gene mutation... more like to clot and on clexane... now also anaemic so have an iron infusion this week... All monitored with a high risk doctor

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies who have big/small measuring babies - was it detected through an extra scan? I thought last formal scan was 20w?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hey barca07 I love the morphology scan when I had it with my son it was magic. I cannot wait to see who is living in my belly then I can start shopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chillout - I'm high risk so they are doing extra scans. Obs noticed I palpated 'big' at 25w and fundal height was measuring bigger than normal so had a scan booked for 28w. Will also have another one in 2 weeks and then possibly lots more as we go

11. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    I have prothrombin gene mutation... more like to clot and on clexane... now also anaemic so have an iron infusion this week... All monitored with a high risk doctor
    Thanks!
    Is the anaemia Clexane related? Just wondering if this is something I should get tested for?

Chillout: Yep, I'm high risk so get a monitoring scan every 4weeks and also OB Appts in between the scans.
    I think for a regular pregnancy it is normal for the 20week scan to be the last.. My sister only ever had 2scans,12w and 20w

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

Chillout71  (24-05-2016),Hopeful37  (24-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes a high risk OB here as well as the blood clotting issue can cause growth issues (hence the high monitoring) I was 4 weekly till 24 weeks then 3 weekly and now possibly weekly! Not a cheap exercise but I knew of my factors and considered this when choosing which dr to go with! I also go to a private clinic and into the main women's hospital here in Perth if further investigation is needed as both my Dr and his back up are private and public OB's!

Anaemia I don't think it is related, I have never had an iron issue and they put me on iron tablets and oh my god that led to the worst constipation so I won't take them and instead elected for an iron infusion... I was so uncomfortable and already having a hard time with food so they were happy to go with what I was feeling! So if anyone comes back with anaemia from there GTT tests go the iron infusion it will save you weeks of feeling awful (from tablets and low iron makes you so tired)

Also I was measuring perfectly till 27 weeks baby was 50% percentile and going along on the graph perfectly so this is just a recent thing she moves all the time too so reassuring

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (24-05-2016)