Closed Thread
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a Doppler early on - just to check hb. I can see that people would get overly worried as it can be tricky getting a hb early on. Once I felt bubs move I haven't used it and the midwives I saw last week said that once you feel movement it's best to call them if you are feeling less movement. They can provide more info and use better tests to see what's going on (eg CTG)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a Doppler too. I use it to get through the 12-16 week period when Bub isn't moving much and I'm feeling not pregnant! I found this Bub at 11 weeks and never need to use it for more than 30 secs. I used it with DS too and he's perfect. Once I feel movement I put it away and use a stethoscope from 20 weeks if I feel the need for no other reason than I just really love the sound!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rainbow road.. A stethoscope, interesting!

Are you a nurse? Or could anyone use one and hear the heartbeat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful37 View Post
    That sucks mona! Are you feeling ok with it? Hopefully not sick as well. Do you have to change your diet much and be careful
    What you eat or is the insulin enough?
    I have to, I don't have much of a choice... No not sick at all. I have to stick to a diet still, they are just hoping that the nighttime insulin will help my morning readings because they are the ones that are the worst...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Rainbow road.. A stethoscope, interesting!

Are you a nurse? Or could anyone use one and hear the heartbeat?
    Not a nurse, my uncle is a doctor and gave me his old stethoscope. Pretty easy to use, just a matter of finding the hb and harder with an anterior placenta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by woof5105 View Post
    I don't have GD according to 4 random gluc tests, 1 fasting test and my GTT but docs are still convinced I have it. Have been on steroids for 4 years at varying doses ...

Also uterus is measuring big (about 3 weeks ahead). Had a scan yesterday and bubs is slightly above average size but still within normal range. Looks to be a lot of amniotic fluid though which is also why they suspect GD. They are scanning again in 2 weeks and might get me to repeat the GTT :-(

Sucks that you are having to take insulin now - you'd think we would've had enough needles!!!

Speaking of needles, had my fluvax and whooping cough shots yesterday. Feeling like rubbish today. But did manage to go out and get some more stuff for the nursery ... Think I've bought almost all I need now! Am terrified that I'm going to have a pre-term delivery so trying to make sure everything is done.
    Yeah they asked me how I feel about needles... I laughed and said after 5 cycles of ivf, I think I'm sorted lol I seriously hope you don't have it, one less thing to worry about then!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barca07 View Post
    Gypsychild

Tell me more about the Doppler!!

I've been thinking about it, but scared I'll turn into a crazy lady and become obsessed with it! Haha

How much was it? Have you had any trouble finding the heartbeat? How far along can it detect a heartbeat?
    I have this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Heartbeat...sAAOSwIjNXJfNy

I think you can use it from 12 weeks. We had trouble with the headphones so we had to plug it directly into the stereo. You need to have a good amount of oil or cream on and then you can find the heartbeat quite easily once you figure out how to hold it against your stomach (needs to be at the right angle). Once he got bigger I find he moves and we have to chase the heart around my tummy! I count the heartbeats in 15 seconds to make sure it is still at a good rate and then we turn it off. MrsTugs is right in that it's not recommended to use it more than 1 minute a week. Since I started feeling kicking I use it maybe once a fortnight for 15-30 seconds when I haven't felt movement in a while. It really takes my stress down which I think is worth it. I would get a stethoscope instead if I knew where to get one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stethoscope is a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that. You can find them on eBay though the more expensive quality are better tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Stethoscope is a great idea. Can't believe I never thought of that. You can find them on eBay though the more expensive quality are better tbh.
    Yep cheap ones are rubbish.

I think they're good because if you can't find the HB you don't stress as much as if you can't on a Doppler.

Its always important to track movement though.

I think if you're sensible and know not to use something in lieu of speaking to your care provider you should be fine whatever you choose!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (21-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi ladies hope everyone is tracking well. I am almost 19 weeks find out the sex of baby this week I am so nervous

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (23-05-2016),Mona424  (23-05-2016),Pepper1977  (23-05-2016)