Closed Thread
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Vicky! Congrats on being pregnant!! I'm a private patient (not sure if you are) but I pay a lot to see my OB so I may as well see him if I need to. This pregnancy I've been back numerous times with different worries. It will make you feel better if you do. If it was me I would ask the question.

My assumption would be that the feeling your having is your uterus expanding but you should check to make sure. Good luck xo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mona424 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @Mona424!

That's very true. I'm also a private patient so maybe I should not worry as much!

I think I'll try to rest more these few days and also make an appt tomorrow to see the doc again early next week. It's just something new and quite intense for what it is compared to what I have felt the last few weeks. Wished there was a way to know what's normal and what's not! Gosh! Endless worry!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The worry doesn't go away Vicky, you just find new things to stress about!!!

It does sound like stretching and relaxing of the ligaments. But agree with Mona, if you are worried - book an appt. that's what they are there for. Not sure if your obs has a midwife that you can chat to on the phone to ease your worry a bit?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree, talk to someone. Reassurance is invaluable during pregnancy, especially in those early weeks. It does sound like growing pains, but it also sounds like you're really struggling and that's never ideal. Like the girls said we pay a lot for our services, so don't stress about utilising them! If you call the office they will be able to discuss over the phone if that seemed like something you would like. Good luck.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

VickyP  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @woof5105 and @MrsTugs!

Yes, I think I will get in touch with the clinic today and see what they say.

All the best for your pregnancies too! Thank you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So ladies.... I'm on insulin at nighttime now 😔 my levels of a morning were too high so I have to start tonight... I hope no one else has GD, it sucks!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks mona! Are you feeling ok with it? Hopefully not sick as well. Do you have to change your diet much and be careful
    What you eat or is the insulin enough?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have GD according to 4 random gluc tests, 1 fasting test and my GTT but docs are still convinced I have it. Have been on steroids for 4 years at varying doses ...

Also uterus is measuring big (about 3 weeks ahead). Had a scan yesterday and bubs is slightly above average size but still within normal range. Looks to be a lot of amniotic fluid though which is also why they suspect GD. They are scanning again in 2 weeks and might get me to repeat the GTT :-(

Sucks that you are having to take insulin now - you'd think we would've had enough needles!!!

Speaking of needles, had my fluvax and whooping cough shots yesterday. Feeling like rubbish today. But did manage to go out and get some more stuff for the nursery ... Think I've bought almost all I need now! Am terrified that I'm going to have a pre-term delivery so trying to make sure everything is done.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

Mona424  (20-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far along are you now woof? I've booked in my flu vaccine tomorrow. Do you feel a bit sick after getting it? Like a mild cold or something?

Thanks
    Reviews
    28w2d ... Yeh feels like a mild cold, headachey, tired, sore ... Realizing I am a big wimp as it's the sore arms that made me very upset last night ... These pregnancy hormones aren't fun at times. Turned me into a huge wreck of emotions!!

I'm starting to think that i might see if I can work from home from about 32w for my sanity ... Will chat to docs in 2 weeks and ask them if it's better to slow down and put in a few hours of bed rest per day ...