Closed Thread
Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    That's the wives tale with IVF. Not sure if it's scientifically backed or not.
    I think it's verrrry negligible but there's a slight sway to boys for traditional IVF, and a slight sway to girls with ICSI.

Also slight sway to boys with fresh and to girls with frozen.

I've done two fresh ICSI cycles and ended up with a boy and a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm ICSI fresh with a boy so it's 50% haha

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I'm ICSI fresh with a boy so it's 50% haha
    Yep it was 50% for me for both 😂 I think the actual stats are something like 52/48 which is not statistically significant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely not...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd was isci fresh and this one is a frozen lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsTugs
    Thanks! Due 10th Aug - girl 💖

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    I've been MIA for a while, it's nice to read up on everyone's progress and to see all the Sept and Oct folks joining in!

I'm 22 weeks today, (due Aug 16) and I'm having a girl, just for a bit of rebalance here! DH was initially a bit nervous - 'I don't know anything about girls!' but has completely got his head around it now and is very excited which is really sweet to see. I think with IVF we ladies go through so much physical stuff we're so much more connected to what's happening, so it's wonderful to see him getting excited about it all now.

We had our anatomy scan at 19w and everything was perfect with the baby, but I have placenta previa - anyone else on here with that? OB wasn't too worried but did rule out running and jumping, so I've pulled back on the exercise.

We've just returned from a three week trip back to Europe (we're both from there) which was lovely, although I did end up having horrendous gastro while there and ended up in A&E in London, which was scary! But I think everything is ok, they ruled out listeriosis thankfully.

Felt the baby move at 20w exactly! Very exciting. They say there's a significance to the location of where you first feel it, and I was in my grandmother's home in my home town, which meant a lot to me given I live so far away from home. A week later, right after the gastro, she kicked so strongly DH could feel it, and we were in the town he was born in then! Silly superstition, but it meant something to me.

We also had a few days in Paris, where we went baby clothes shopping - omg, their baby clothes are unbelievable. Stupidly expensive but so cute and gorgeous. We bought just the one little outfit (couldn't afford anything else haha!), which is now sitting in the soon-to-be baby's room in its cute shopping bag. That is the extent of my baby shopping so far - I can't quite get my head around starting to get anything else yet. I just read you guys talking about waiting times for delivery - that never even occurred to me! Should probably get my skates on.

Also, if anyone is looking for maternity gear online, I got some great stuff in the UK at Jojo Maman Bebe for pretty cheap. Lovely wrap sweaters and dresses that will get me through the winter months.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hermia For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (13-04-2016),Chillout71  (12-04-2016),gypsychild  (12-04-2016),Hopeful37  (12-04-2016),MrsTugs  (12-04-2016),Peedypie  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hermia

My cousin had placenta previa. I wouldn't concern yourself with it at all this stage as things can change so much over the next few weeks. You will get a few extra scans to check location, and if it hasn't moved away from your cervix by a certain gestation your OB will start discussions with you about what may be required.

She had a few scares and her boy came early with some heavy intervention. But that info is not there to scare you! It's to remind you that no matter what you go through, the end result is so worth it 😊 she just celebrated her sons 2nd birthday and he is such a cherub x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

hermia  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey MrsTugs I had scan on Friday and everything is perfect chance of downs was one in 12000. they also do a new test which can give chances of having low birth weight placenta issues or pre eclampsia and everything came back perfect. Last pregnancy I had baby at 37 weeks emerg csect due to pre eclampsia and baby only weighed a teeny 2.26kg which is exactly 5lb. he was so little and precious I did upload a pic I think it may have been to the fertility centre springwood thread. My son was a fresh cycle ICSI this is a frozen cycle ICSI I am interested to find out sex I have no idea. I have scan on 30 May for the sex. I have anterior placenta and posterior baby at moment which would explain my awesome back pain

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Meshell23 For This Useful Post:

MrsTugs  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When has everyone been the most emotional?

I've found 2nd trimester I am much more moody and emotional. Not out of control but this morning i was quite grumpy and then I nearly cried in court which I never do. It was a little disconcerting!