+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Wedding stories...

So its my anniversary tomorrow and we had a lovely family dinner tonight where all our wedding funny stories come up.

So I would to hear some of your funny/shoking/crazy stories from your wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Well... I will tell you after September! But some funny ones I can tell of others weddings are: very close relative of the newly married couple passing out drunk before wedding reception, bridesmaids boobs almost falling out of her dress, uncle stealing anything not nailed down, relative urinating over a balcony aiming at passers by, someone giving a speech and getting the grooms make completely wrong, Wedding guests getting drunk and taking photos of their genitals with the disposable cameras on the tables. The list goes on.. I have a lovely family!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Wedding guests getting drunk and taking photos of their genitals with the disposable cameras on the tables. The list goes on.. I have a lovely family!
    A bunch of DH's friends got married when we were dating. They were in the same group of friends.

This happened at every wedding. It was apparently just what they did to each other (DH didn't do it though).

My wedding was fairly uneventful. DH got food poisoning (only mild) on our wedding day.

We did not do speeches or anything so nothing shocking was said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our groomsman split his pants just prior to the ceremony. Thankfully the wedding car driver had a sewing kit.

That's about it. Our wedding went basically to plan.

Hubby and I had pre organised to sneak off and have a vow ceremony an hour prior to the actual ceremony and no one knew except the driver and the photographer. Even our wedding parties didn't know (we were getting ready at different places on the venue grounds). Safe to say people were shocked when they found out about it in the newspaper a few months later. At the "public" ceremony we co-read a poem instead of our vows.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have a few so I will be doing this in parts.

Well mine started the on the Monday before the wedding.

Sad story warning.

Dh had just started a new jobs a few days before. His sister rang me and said his mum had the death rattle and was only a hour or 2 away from dying. I rang dh's boss and told him I that i had a flight booked for dh in a hour. What job site was he at. It was the only time that that boss was a decent human being and said that dh would have his job still when he got back. Anyhow I got dh on the plane. Had to use our honeymoon money to buy 1st class as it was the only ticket. He got there 5 and 1/2 hours after I got the call. His mum waited for him. She had been calling for him the whole time. He got 1/2 hour with her before she passed. He stayed and helped with the funeral and his siblings (he is one of 9). And flew home the day before the wedding. His friend that was supposed to organise the music and order the special trumpets (fanfare) decided to get high and arrested by the mps. So my musican husband had no musicians or special organised for his wedding. He was devastated that his so called friend let him down when dh was dealing with the loss of his mum. He was extremely close to his mum. There were 3 siblings engaged when she got sick. The other 2 couples wouldn't set a date until after she died. We brought ours forwards in the hopes she could either be there or at least see photos.

The next part will be better.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 10-04-2016 at 20:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The night before.

I almost called off the wedding because I couldn't stand dhs brother. Crazy weird bride silliness. My wonderful dh talked me back in to reality.
    Than..

My wedding dress was hanging in my room. My elderly dog decided to let me know his feeling and peed on my dress. So we wash it and open every windows in the house to help it dry. Well we lived opposite to the women's hospital car park and botanical gardens. Well. A helicopter landed in the car park and a huge cloud of dust came flying at the house. You guessed my dress was covered in mud. So we washed it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The venue mucked up our dinner menu and gave us totally different stuff to what we'd chosen and written on the printed menus! I was livid. So DH had words and they gave us loads of free booze. Result!
    It also rained and I was thirty minutes late to the church. I hate being late, so stressful and the minister had warned me not to be as guests hate it. He looked mad when I turned up, not the best start!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh. Also not our wedding but DH was a best man at his friend's wedding. The limo they ordered turned up at the billing address not the pick up address. So the boys were about 45 mins or an hour late. The girls had to drive around in their limo to waste time and still beat the boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    The wedding day

I forgot my suitcase. So I had no other clothes but wedding dress.
    One of groomsmen got sick and left before the reception.

The grandma of the flower girl took off with her after the church and undressed her. Took her hair out etc... so I have no photos of her with the wedding party.
    The limo forgot to come back to take the bridesmaids and groom en to the photos and reception. We had a horse drawn carriage that only fit us. They all piled into the photographer car.

My maid of honour got roaring drunk (as couldn't walk) before the reception.

The priest doing the ceremony invited a another priest we knew to be part of the ceremony without telling us. I had a fight with him the week before and never wanted to see him again. 7 years later he went to jail for child sex charges.

There is more but that will do for now.

Now 24 years later. It was all worth it. Even if yesterday I could have killed him. Lol