+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have given him a tiny piece of the meatball and asked him to eat it just to have a taste and then would have given him more spaghetti. I understand he's sick so wouldn't have made a big issue of it but I always try to get them to eat one tiny bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually I'd tell my daughter that she has food in front of her...if she doesn't want it then that's fine. She's 3.5 but I've been doing it since she started solids at 6 months. If she were sick though, I'd give her more spaghetti.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depends how he feels about meat balls usually. If he likes it I would have told him to have 10 full bites of those before getting more spaghettis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not taking into account him being sick, having a 2 year old who refuses to eat anything and seeing the battles we have if we try to "force" him to eat something (by refusing to give him something he wants) is just not worth it. I know I'm doing something wrong as mealtimes are a nightmare but out of all the things I've tried I've discovered making them eat things is more likely to lead to trouble later as they might develop an aversion to it due to previous experience (for example im sure we all have foods/drinks we can't stand as we have had a bad experience like sickness etc in the past). So if he was feeling ill I definitely would not have made him eat the meatball. (I would love my ds1 to even eat pasta!!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sort of wwyd?

If he's 2 and also not well, then I'd just be happy he's eating something. I have a 2 year old and I try my best to get him to at least try most things, which he will, but I won't try and force him to eat stuff, I find it counter productive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I rarely offer my kids their usual dinner when they're sick. I recall very clearly as a kid being unwell and being made to eat tacos. I loved tacos but I didn't want them.

I threw up later that night and all I could taste was tacos. I never ate them again.

When my kids are sick they get toast, water, plain food. No treats. I don't stress over one or two meals offered to sick kids.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (10-04-2016),rosey82  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you did the right thing. It's great your DS is up to eating. Whenever my 4 daughters are sick I never expect them to eat anything they don't want. Wanting to eat is a bonus! I've had 4 of them with gastro over the last week, all of them are off their food still so I take just having fluids, minimum food or even a icey pole a win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have just let him have more spaghetti. Your not a pushover for feeding your sick child.

I'm a fussy eater as an adult so if my kids don't like something, They don't have to eat it. Not a big deal. It's normally boring food that will come after if they don't eat their dinner though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone!

I think DF was annoyed because DS wants to eat crap all day and then dinner time comes round n he's refusing half his dinner. DF is really a really fussy eater so DS seems to be as well. As a pp said I had loaded the meatballs with garlic so wanted him to eat them lol
    He's very on and off with food at the best of times so when he's sick it's worse but when he's trying to pull chips etc outta the pantry during the day it's just frustrating for him to then not eat something decent for him.

We've had a terrible night so now it's act like a zombie day. I'm happy I let him have more spaghetti last night otherwise he'd of been starving this morning! Spent most of the night awake 😒