+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have done the same thing you did OP. DD was sick on Wednesday and only ate half a pouch of puréed fruit and a biscuit all day (when she normally eats anything, all day long). If she'd been willing to eat spaghetti, I'd have given her as much as she wanted.
    If she wasn't sick though, I'd have persisted with the meatballs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kid does not eat much or well. I *may* have asked him to take a bite of meatball and given him more spaghetti but to be honest if he was sick I would not push it.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd normally encourage eating some of the meatballs but if they are sick I'd be thinking like you were- at least they're eating something.
    DD 3.5 is the same, she's gone off meat sauce with her pasta and it's been a battle to get her to eat it for months now. The plain pasta she happily gobbles up so I serve the meat sauce on the side (she hates it "mixed" now) and only buy brown, high fibre pasta for her these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd have let him have more spaghetti. I encourage my kids to try things but I generally don't force anything if they aren't into it. I don't always feel like certain things. I have one horrible eater and one garbage guts. Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd let mine have more spaghetti. Might usually be stricter but when sick the rules go outta the window

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd also let mine have more spaghetti.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When they are sick definetly let them eat what they can manage.
    Otherwise I would have said to eat some of the meatballs before more spaghetti

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I cut my kids a lot of slack when they're sick. I know it's nowhere near the same as a cold, but when my DD was having chemo I was extremely lenient about what she ate. Within reason I let her eat whenever she wanted and to an extent let her choose the foods. I figured we can get her back on track afterwards. Without fail, once she recovered from each chemo round and got her appetite back I got more strict about sticking to mealtimes and a wider variety of foods (chemo did strange things to her sense of taste). She is now back to normal, for the most part.

So, if my DD can return to normal eating after chemo has totally mucked up her taste buds, I think a normal healthy child will very quickly recover after being allowed to eat more pasta when they're sick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    asking for more spaghetti not more lollies or ice cream sure id give him more even if he wasnt sick.

Yes it is annoying when kids font eat everything theyre given but intake a pick your battles approach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would've asked DD to have a bite of a meatball (even a tiny bite) and then given her more spaghetti. It's better than asking for lollies and ice cream!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (10-04-2016)