+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lovebubs77 and @Hill Dweller Thank you for the info about the CoQ10, I had been taking the wrong one. It was quite tricky finding the ubiquinol, in the end the Swiss one seemed to be ok. I switched on the weekend, hopefully better late than never!
    @two souls and @bbhope Can you recall if you found the Menopur injections more painful? DH does my injections and he was pretty much flawless with the Gonal but so far with the Menopur, he's had to try twice before injecting. I'm wondering if the needles are softer and therefore harder to penetrate the skin? The first night it really stung but last night wasn't bad once underway. We iced for about five minutes beforehand and afterwards. Any other tips?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsZebu For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It made my skin itch if I recall. The needle is slightly thicker than gonal but it wasn't too bad. I did clexane injection and that's painful so menopur was a piece of cake. The full dose of centrotide needle is big and long. I actually used the menopur needle to inject twice to get the full dose than using the needle that came with the centrotide.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MrsZebu  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: I find choosing and injection site and at what angle you inject make a differremnt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MrsZebu  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update in case anyone has the same questions and wants to know how it went.

Here's a comparison between my round 1 with Gonal F to Round 2 with Menopur, Orgalatron & CoQ10:

Eggs collected: 12 12
    Mature & injected: 9 12
    Fertilized: 3 7
    Healthy/on track embryos: 0 1
    Transfer:
    Round 1: Day 5 2x very underdeveloped embryos
    Round 2: Day 4 1x healthy 18 cell compacting morula 1x 12 cell early stage compacting
    Results: BFN BFN
    Remaining embryos:
    Round 1: 0
    Round 2: 2x Day 5 1/2 day behind embryos frozen
    1x day 7 blast PGD screening & frozen. Didn't pass

Verdict: More mature eggs, doubled fertilization rate, healthier embryos, although majority still delayed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why did they only do 1 PGD testing? day 7 seems pretty late for do the testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the impression that embryology aren't there on Sundays (or maybe skeleton staff), so it had to be day 7 for PGD. When we went in for transfer on Friday, day 4 (also because they don't do transfers on weekends), we were told that only one embryo looked healthy and it was "unlikely" that any would make it to PGD and freezing. We had to make a rushed decision and transferred two so that we weren't wasting all the embryos. The next day embryology called to say that the 4 out of the 5 remaining had developed a bit more over night. The best two were half a day behind. Not wanting to take the risk and leave them all until day 7 we ended up deciding to freeze the best two then (day 5) and leave the other two in the dish just to "see what happens". I was over the moon when embryology called on Monday to say that one, which had been 2 days behind, had caught up and was viable for testing. Sadly it didn't work out. I wasn't impressed with the embryologist we had at transfer. I regret transferring two because obviously my uterus isn't ready/healthy. And Now I'm not confident with the two we froze on day 5. 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just going to be honest. That's pretty poor service from your clinic! My FS will try to alter the med to get the epu before the weekend but if it has to be weekend, she will do it. I have never heard of Pgd at day 7. It seems way too late. The embies would be far advance by then. Slow embies usually don't do well. Imagining in the natural conception, it would be a very late implanter which the lining etc would be too advance for it to survive. The reason of day 5 transfer as well. The embryologist at my clinic will only let the embies grow to day 6 upon my request and approved by my FS. Otherwise, everything will be destroyed after day 5.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MrsZebu  (26-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope Thank you for being honest! You've confirmed that my concerns are legitimate. I'm not confident with our clinic, but it has great success rates and is meant to be the best in SA. It sounds like we did the right thing freezing the best two at day 5 then. But because they were a little delayed I'm not confident. 😟