+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    From scratch. I hate packaged or processed stuff, fresh ingredients all the way. I use recipes but usually improvise and/or tweak.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I mostly enjoy it. I use a lot of packet stuff, because we're on a tight budget ($90 a week for the 3 of us, including all food, cleaning and household products, as well as nappies, etc. for the 22 month old), with a DH who insists on having a few particular things on the list every week who won't be talked out of them; and I have no knowledge of how I could do it better fresher 3 meals a day plus snacks for that sort of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Optimistically ambitious but ultimately lazy, lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Kristyj  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Optimistically ambitious but ultimately lazy, lol.
    This 👆🏻 is me lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristyj For This Useful Post:

ilex  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    oh wow!! I'm impressed! ignore my previous post then, I reckon you could teach us all a thing or two! ☺️
    No way.
    There is always room to learn more. I love to learn new and better ways to do stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Lazy

ETA I do cook from scratch, but by lazy I mean minimal effort, quick to make, the less ingredients the better, bonus points if I have all ingredients on hand and the kids will eat it.
    This describes me so well!
    And if I can do it with minimal washing up that's a bonus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm...I don't know about a name for my style, but I LOVE food. Lots of variety and flavour, with plenty of veggies. We have some meals that we have a variation on weekly, and then I try out whatever takes my fancy. I find I need to plan a bit in advance though so that I'm inspired enough to actually do it, or we get to dinner time with "erm...what's in the freezer?".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Simple and from scratch. Often only a few ingredients.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Farm to table, fresh and light! I grew up on meat and three veg and didn't enjoy it. I started cooking for my family when I was in high school, stopping at the shop to buy the ingredients and googling recipes.
    We have a very basic pantry of dry goods (beans, legumes, rice, flour etc) and then everything else fresh. I buy mostly from the farmers market.
    3-4 days a week when it is DS and I, I will have a salad and DS a meat (lamb cutlets, chicken whatever the farmer has that looks good!), vegetables and spelt pasta in butter - simple but he eats it and enjoys it!
    Other nights when DH is home I experiment more and on Sundays cook a chicken roast and use the carcass for stock that will be used as a base for a soup during the week (wild mushroom with truffle oil is DH fav.).
    I love cooking! I wonder if I will feel the same if we end up having another baby and life gets 100x busier!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How would you describe your cooking style?

My DP is a much better cook than me, he's the king of flavour. Loves to cook with butter, garlic, spices, cream. We have a lot of homemade curry, slower cooked roasts, big zesty salads and soups/stews, he's especially good at cooking seafood and fish.

We cook everything from scratch, we don't buy any jar sauces or frozen vegies etc. We cook a lot of Luke Nguyen type recipes but also love Nigella like stuff too. We have a little vegie plot too and we love cooking vegies from there and using fresh herbs. We try not to eat much pasta or bread so it's often vegies done a million ways. We don't use many appliances either, would never get any use out of a thermomix, we're a bit old school. We do have dinner parties with friends fairly often so love trying out new recipes too.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 10-04-2016 at 17:43.