+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF and PCOS

I've been trying to search for a post that covers both IVF and PCOS but couldn't find anything and was wondering if anyone was going through a similar situation.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 years ago but wasn't ready to start a family at that point. So at 29 - 2 years ago tried 3 round of Clomid which were all unsuccessful and got referred to fertility clinic to look at other options.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    My main issue is that I have really irregular periods maybe 1 every 3 months that lasts 2-4 weeks and don't ovulate. The next line of treatment for me was to try Letrozole tablets on days 3-7 of my period. 2 cycles of this were unsuccessful. On my 3 cycle with increased dose I got 1 mature follicle in each ovary. This ended in biochemically pregnancy &lt;img src="images/smilies/frown.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" smilieid="11" class="inlineimg"&gt; &lt;br&gt;<br>
    I was willing to try Letrozole treatment again as its non invasive and it worked at the last dosage however we decided to try IVF after consultation with doctor as was best chance of getting quality eggs out.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    I started 1st cycle of IVF in Feb this year after 10 days of Provera to get my period started. This had to be cancelled at 5 days of injections as hormone levels were far too high for day 5 and high risk of OHSS.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    Now 2 months later today I started my 2nd round of IVF again after 10 days of Provera, now on Puregon injections of 100ui instead of 125ui on my first cycle. Lets hope my ovaries dont get too excited too soon and can continue to egg pick up this time.&lt;br&gt;<br>
    I've been told because of PCOS I can be very sensitive to the FSH therefore may take some time to get the right dosage. Im just hoping this time will be the right amount!&lt;br&gt;<br>
    Wondered if anyone else has or is going through a similar experience with PCOS and IVF or any other fertility treatment?&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    Thanks&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;img src="images/smilies/fingerscrossed.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Fingerscrossed" smilieid="34" class="inlineimg"&gt;

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi hun, I also have pcos and have now done 3 cycles of IVF and yes it can be hard getting the dose just right. I was lucky to have done 7 rounds of ovulation induction before I went onto IVF so the clinic had a good idea of how my body worked with the drugs. They slightly increased my dose of puregon for my first cycle to increase eggs and I got 15 eggs on the same dose next cycle though I got 17 and had to have a freeze all cycle. From this second cycle I got 3 frozen embryos and for my first FET I was doing an ovulation induction cycle but unfortunately my body must have become resistant to the medication and believe it or not I needed the same dose of puregon to ovulate 2 eggs which in ivf had created 15 eggs. For my third IVF cycle I moved to a different clinic where the fs pushes the boundaries a little, he increased my dose slightly but I wasn't producing any eggs at first scan so he increased my dose from 125 to 150 which worried me at first. I got 23 eggs at EPU and as I felt fine I moved onto transfer. So yes as you can see my body is very sensitive to the meds but at the same time as time has gone on my body has become resistant to it so has gradually had to be increased. I hope this cycle works for you, my advise would be makesure your clinic is experienced in dealing with pcos but at the same time will take risks, my amh was 117 so as my new clinic concludes there is every chance I will overstimulate at every cycle so they need to push boundaries and we shouldn't cancel too quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thanks for your response.
    So I managed to get to epu yesterday, they got 43 eggs! My hormone levels were very high but still continued to egg pick up. Instead of the trigger injection they went for the Syneral nasel spray for trigger.
    In alot of discomfort now day after procedure.
    I had 50 follicles on each ovary and they were all drained of fluid to reduce the risk of OHSS.
    Not going for transfer of embyros this month as need my hormones to settle down and body recover.
    Now just waiting to find out how many eggs we got to freeze.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Finchee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have pcos. I had my first cycle cancelled before epu because I had 30+ follicles. Not happy! I was on 125 fsh.
    I hope they got it right for you this cycle. It's really disappointing and seems so much harder with pcos!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news that they still went to EPU with you @Finchee and used synarel as a trigger. Sounds like a good clinic that is happy to take a slight risk which unfortunately is sometimes needed with pcos. Congratulations on your 43 eggs hun, hopefully you get an amazing fert rate and lots progress to blastocyst to freeze. Sounds like a good plan to not transfer just yet as your hormones need time to settle, look after yourself hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on 100ui puregon this cycle and still over responded. I am in a lot of discomfort now and very bloated. Going to have check up with hospital tomorrow to make sure everything's ok.
    Good luck with your cycle. I'm hoping I don't have to go through such a long epu again. I did not expect to be in so much pain afterwards. But it will be all worth it in the end I'm sure.
    Thanks for all your replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully you won't be needing another EPU @Finchee, sounds like a good plan to get yourself checked out at the hospital hooe you feel better soon.