+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am not GWTF by nature and it's not a great place for me at all. BUT I have had no choice but to adapt once DS2 came along - if I didn't start letting things go I would have broken.

I know you can be GWTF in some but not all ways because that is how I function now. I control what I can and there is a GWTF zone around DS2!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    How do you define being a "go with the flow" person?

Someone that roll with the punches and keep moving. Someone who can change their plan/mindset fairly quickly and not get upset about it. Someone who doesn't need or want strict routines. Someone who swimming up ****** doesn't come as there first choice. It not that they can't or won't, it just not there first reaction. Iykim. Often when they do they mean business and people take note as it's out of character.

Can you go with the flow in some areas of life but not others?

Of course. Everyone have things in their lives that are needing if a good throw down, punch up Or a foot down so bloody hard it might as well be in cement.

Are you go with the flow? Why/why not?
    Yes very much so.

Can you go with the flow but also feel in control?
    Yes. I am always in control. I just often choose to go with the flow. It a choice just like any other. It is not a sign of weakness.

Set goals?
    Yes. Of course. We are not jelly mountains. That get pushed around by other people.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

CMF  (08-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (08-04-2016),Stretched  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A GWTF person is able to adapt to the situation at hand and not get overtly upset about it. They are capable of adjusting their mindset without much ado.

Yes you can be GWTF for some situations and not others. I'm very easy going with babies but get more structured with toddlers/children. No schedules as such but more predictable patterns of events.

I'm structured on household duties/my gym sessions/healthy food for the kids/church attendance/family duties. IE. Even if I have a crappy night I will still be at the gym at 5=30am the next day. Short of an actual illness I don't ever skip a gym session.

Yes. You can definitely be in control and GWTF at the same time. You can chose to let minor stuff go, picking battles that actually matter to you and leave the rest.

ETA- I don't care where dd3 naps. Just that she naps. Today she had her morning sleep in the carrier and afternoon nap in her bassinet. Yesterday she had both in the carrier. I also don't care how she goes to sleep as long as she isn't distressed whilst doing so.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 08-04-2016 at 18:18.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-04-2016),Stretched  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm trying to be more go with the flow. I'm working with my psychologist on my anxiety (which stems from me feeling like I need to be a perfect parent) and basically she's teaching me that unless there's blood flowing or there's a broken bone, there's nothing to worry about.

I think being a GWTF person is more about being able to not sweat the small stuff and even if you are more of a structure and schedule kind of person you can still be GWTF when things may not be going to plan or your regular schedule.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (08-04-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I was about to derail a thread I don't belong in so thought I'd start a new one.

How do you define being a "go with the flow" person?

Can you go with the flow in some areas of life but not others?

Are you go with the flow? Why/why not?

Can you go with the flow but also feel in control? Set goals? Etc.
    I am not naturally go with the flow, but somewhat paradoxically, I seem to be happier when I can be that way.

There's a great Shonda Rhimes TED talk that I watched a few weeks ago, and I think it's worth a view. The thoughts and attitude behind it have stuck with me.

I haven't answered any of your questions...I'll need to think about them more :-)