+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Absolutely. As a mum to kids with hip dysplasia I have never hesitated having X-rays.

Just a question for those who suggested ultrasound. After 12 months my girls were too old for ultrasounds to shop anything on the hips and had to move to X-rays. Why would the pelvis be different?
    If they are concerned about bone fragments in or around organs these would be visible on ultrasound.

I would personally do the X-ray without hesitation but if OP is concerned the radiologist may suggest starting with ultrasound.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. Wouldn't hesitate if doctors are wanting to be thorough and check that all is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depending on what they are looking at, they may put metal discs over where her ovaries are.

My DD had hip dysplasia as a baby - I lost count of the number of hip xrays she had because of it. However the xray place always put metal discs over her ovaries to protect them.

Same daughter has had three OPG (full mouth) xrays due to braces plus about four abdominal xrays due to encopresis (severe constipation).

I do have concerns about the number of xrays she has had, but I have been reassured that the amount of radiation these days is much lower than it used to be.