+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default How much does/did your 6 week old sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Obviously still traumatised by how my 8yo was as a newborn! Can't erase the memory!
    My son cried all day up until 3 months old. The only saviour was he slept really well at night because he was in bed with us. But to remember how much my 3 were sleeping at 6 weeks old...no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd never slept well during the day until I went to the sleep clinic. In Canberra we have one called early days which is for 0-3 months and sleep group which goes from 3 months to 2 or 3 years. Not sure where you are from but they may have something similar in your state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I also wanted to say that from going to those clinics, from about 5 months onwards I've been able to put my daughter in her cot and she self settles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    How on earth did you manage to get 8-10 hours? Did you feed them while they slept? Did they not need nappy changes? I need to know your secret
    I did nothing other than cluster feed 2-4hrs straight every afternoon/evening. No feeds/changes between 7/8pm-4/5am. It was the baby.

And my awesome boobs. Haha.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

A&S  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm doing a log today of all feeds, play time and sleeps. trying to see if there's any kind of pattern and how much sleep ds is getting in the day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A&S  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a first time mum and I just need to know that it's all normal. My baby girl is 6 weeks old and will not sleep in her cradle during the day. She will nap on me or in the sling but as soon as I put her in the cradle she screams. I try singing, shooshing, white noise, rocking, patting and she has a dummy for bed.

Then night time comes.... We have a night ritual and we have a walk, bath, story, breast feed and then I put her down about 7pm. She is grizzly and unsettled for about an hour. She wakes every 2-3 hours throughout the night.

I don't have huge expectations as I know she is still teeny tiny and I'm 'okay' with all of this if its normal but I'm just worried I'm missing something. Should she be sleeping more?
    About normal. I accepted that my 6w old wouldn't sleep in her bassi during the day- fair enough she is in it all night.
    She sleeps on me or in our bed (on top of covers with pillows around her).

Some days she sleeps for 2 hours in between each feed. Some days she sleeps for 10 minutes at a time. Often it's a mix.

Today she woke at 6am for a feed, was up and down until 7.30am and then slept on me until 9.30, then slept in her bassi for an hour- so she slept 7.30-10.30.
    Then had another feed and is wide awake now so we are chatting and singing songs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

A&S  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How on earth did you manage to get 8-10 hours? Did you feed them while they slept? Did they not need nappy changes? I need to know your secret
    My little one sleeps that much and has been from about the 6 week mark. I only feed her if she wakes up but she is happy to sleep through mostly. She feeds a lot during the day it seems to make up for it.

My first never did... Ever, not until 12 months. I haven't done anything differently and believe there is an element of luck to it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

A&S  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My son cried all day up until 3 months old. The only saviour was he slept really well at night because he was in bed with us. But to remember how much my 3 were sleeping at 6 weeks old...no idea.
    I remember 6 weeks because everything got to its worst with DD at 7 weeks, then magically turned a corner at 8w. Plus writing everything down to try to find her pattern/problem. I always remember things better when I write them down!

DS is easy because he did the exact same thing from 2w - 16w.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

A&S  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I'm doing a log today of all feeds, play time and sleeps. trying to see if there's any kind of pattern and how much sleep ds is getting in the day!
    I've been doing that for a few days now. It's really helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've been doing that for a few days now. It's really helpful
    ahhh cool, that's great! yeah after talking with the mums at mothers group yesterday everyone seemed to have a day time routine. admittedly their bubs are all a bit older than mine but I figure it can't hurt to log his day and see if there's a pattern.

I feel like we have a fairly established night time pattern but days are a bit all over the place!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

A&S  (08-04-2016)