+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    In this scenario I'd buy a cake. I love to bake but sometimes it just isn't possible and I see no point beating myself up about it.
    yes good point. I'd do the same.

ok crap example. what if there was something urgent that needed doing though that you couldn't delegate/outsource?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Turquoisecoast- in that scenario and others, baby got put in a sling. Baby was in a sling much of the time, I think that's a big reason I could go on as normal.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (09-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Turquoisecoast- in that scenario and others, baby got put in a sling. Baby was in a sling much of the time, I think that's a big reason I could go on as normal.
    yes I've often thought a sling/carrier would help. I have a little koala baby who loves to sleep on me which means I'm stuck to the couch a lot of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yes I've often thought a sling/carrier would help. I have a little koala baby who loves to sleep on me which means I'm stuck to the couch a lot of the time.
    I put my DS in a hug a bub and it was literally the only way I could get anything done. Really helped, I could actually get quiet a lot of stuff done while he slept in there.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (09-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly recommend a sling for a koala baby! I had no idea slings existed with my first baby, and sat on the lounge or walked holding him ALL day as he was so unsettled. 2nd and 3rd time around, I had several slings and they were a lifesaver!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 year gap between kids - VP and I playing nice

I highly recommend a sling for a koala baby! I had no idea slings existed with my first baby, and sat on the lounge or walked holding him ALL day as he was so unsettled. 2nd and 3rd time around, I had several slings and they were a lifesaver!
    I second that. My DS got horrible wind at about 4/5 weeks and that's when I put him in the hug a bub and it was an absolute lifesaver. He was a bit early and quite a tiny baby so he wasn't quite big enough for the ergo.I just used to wear him all day. I could do the dishes, hang and fold washing, go for a walk. Made it soo much easier.

There was also plenty of time being trapped on the couch with a sleeping baby though.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 09-04-2016 at 16:58.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (09-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am popping in to say sling/wrap carrier is THE BEST for koala babies.

DS was a koala baby. I am guessing DD will be from what I see so far.

I found structured carriers too difficult when bubs was teeny.

If you want to spend hours on the couch with bubs there is nothing wrong with that. I caught up with loads of shows with DS. Now since DS is older I have no choice but to go out and do lots at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes good point. I'd do the same.

ok crap example. what if there was something urgent that needed doing though that you couldn't delegate/outsource?
    Like shower!!! Haha. DF works overseas and was home for about a 1/4 of DD first few months. We had just moved and knew no-one and no family nearby. I was also blessed with a little koala baby. DD was put in her bassinet and cried while I showered and did other important stuff that I couldn't do holding her. The baby carrier was a godsend also. I didn't like leaving her to cry but there wasn't really other options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's all well and good to say go with the flow but if there's things you wanted/needed to get done, and can't because you're going with the flow and current flow negates that, then there's going to be internal conflict for parent. nobody can be totally GWTF. for instance, you have to bake a cake for an occasion the following day but baby has other ideas and you find you're lucky to get 5 seconds to yourself to shower/pee/eat, never mind bake a cake. so you feel stressed and frustrated and maybe a bit resentful.

RAH, how does the above scenario play out in your home? how GWTF can you truly be when baby's needs are precluding you from attending to other responsibilities?

like I find it hard to understand how anyone can just put EVERYTHING else on hold and attend to bub 24/7.

I think that's where the frustration comes from. not ignorance, it's just hard to balance it all. doubly so if you have a fussy/high needs baby.
    Baking - bub in carrier. Continue as before.

Shower - option 1) bub in rocker/bouncer outside shower. Quickest shower in history.
    Option 2) highchair in shower. Continue as before.

I'm currently baking/cooking for the week. Dd3 is in the ergo feeding. She is a koala baby. I wear her almost 10-12hrs a day.

I've peed pooped and eaten whilst baby wearing. I've grocery shopped, cleaned the house, vacuumed, wiped my middle child's bum whilst baby wearing.

It's not bubs fault I have to do stuff. So why cause her unnecessary distress?
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 09-04-2016 at 17:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    do you think a baby carrier would be ok? dh doesn't like the way slings look (lol typical bloke) and is keen for a carrier, like an ergo 360 type. I'm guessing bub would prefer the closeness of the sling over a carrier?