+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    FYI @turquoisecoast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYdI7HH9PW0
    My advice is get newbies used to carriers ASAP. My second was in the Moby from two days old and stayed there for five months,where as my third who was two months premature never really liked any carrier I tried.
    My first? I don't talk about her. Sent from the devil.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (10-04-2016),Clementine Grace  (09-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some babies hate slings and carriers but some love them and if they do it can be a godsend.

I used a hug a bub when he was newborn and tiny and slowly moved to an ergo when he got bigger. I could even feed him in the hug a bub when I got the hang of it. Walking around would put him to sleep, bring up wind and he was just so content in there. He may have ended up with crumbs often on his head cause I'd be munching on cookies or cake while he was asleep and it'd fall on him..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Some babies hate slings and carriers but some love them and if they do it can be a godsend.

I used a hug a bub when he was newborn and tiny and slowly moved to an ergo when he got bigger. I could even feed him in the hug a bub when I got the hang of it. Walking around would put him to sleep, bring up wind and he was just so content in there. He may have ended up with crumbs often on his head cause I'd be munching on cookies or cake while he was asleep and it'd fall on him..
    If they don't get crumbs on their head, you're doing it wrong!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (10-04-2016),Renn  (10-04-2016),Stretched  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I think once he had phad thai takeaway stuck on his head hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehe... and then you change them and somehow crumbs migrate to their clothes/nappy... i might have had DS in carriers a lot... lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I think once he had phad thai takeaway stuck on his head hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hehehe... and then you change them and somehow crumbs migrate to their clothes/nappy... i might have had DS in carriers a lot... lol
    Yes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Yes!!
    Welcome back!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have to go against the grain here and bag the wraps. Got a moby wrap with DS1 and couldn't figure out how to bloody well use it! Even practice with a doll turned to shambles. Tried to buy a hug-a-bub once and was scared off by the seller trying to flog a DVD of how to use it...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I have to go against the grain here and bag the wraps. Got a moby wrap with DS1 and couldn't figure out how to bloody well use it! Even practice with a doll turned to shambles. Tried to buy a hug-a-bub once and was scared off by the seller trying to flog a DVD of how to use it...
    Omg I completely agree! I bought a hug a bub for DD2 and still remember standing beside the car on lygon street in Carlton nearly bawling my eyes out because I couldn't work out what do with the 100000m of fabric I was somehow supposed to wrap around my body, and then when I finally got it on I walked 10 metres only to find the thing started undoing nearly taking the baby with it!

Baby bjorn from then for me!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-04-2016),Wise Enough  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    ok a carrier it is!

for showers I pop bub into his bassinet and wheel that into the bathroom so he can see me/I can see him. he's never cried once, I think the white noise of the shower and the warmth soothe him. I could be way off of course but that's working for us right now. I don't even hurry in the shower, in fact I take my time 😂
    Wow lucky you DS2 hates being put down in the bassinet. Or bouncer. Or anything really. I shower he cries. Trying to get DS1 to entertain him but still a bit young to be entertained. No leisurely showers for me lol.

I can't believe you haven't got a carrier yet, I would be lost without mine. I second the opinions to get 2 types I mostly use the wrap (Chekoh) at this point (easier for newbies) but do find I get sore after long periods so the ergo is a much better choice - extremely comfortable and DH loves it too - bonus. Can use the infant insert from birth. I do find my time with carrier is limited though, can't keep him in it for hours on end he ends up cracking it. Probably gets hot it's still very warm up here.

Sounds like I am the only one that feels a bit wrong handling hot liquids/foods while carrying baby? The risk of me dripping something hot on his head is too high. So no baking with it for me. Even drinking a coffee is an awkward process.