I have over 15 years as an educator at primary and tertiary levels and I have no idea whether to keep DS back for another year of kinder.
He's born in January and is there academically but I don't think he is ready emotionally at all. He holds back in group settings, is clingy and struggles a lot with hello and goodbye with people. His teacher said he could go either way and he should be ok but another year wouldn't do him any harm either.
He has another 3 terms until next year but we are meant to decide now whether he gets pulled out of 4yo kinder so he's funded for next if we want him to do another year. I'm very reluctant to pull him out as I feel
he's just started to find his feet. Another option is we keep him in regardless and just pay for kinder - does anyone have any idea of how much kinder costs are in Victoria?