+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Hun, they did get back to me eventually to say the same thing. The Qld X-ray lady had no idea what I was on about and suggested I call one of the woman's imagining clinics! Everything is booked for tomorrow so I'll call them once we are done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    Thanks Hun, they did get back to me eventually to say the same thing. The Qld X-ray lady had no idea what I was on about and suggested I call one of the woman's imagining clinics! Everything is booked for tomorrow so I'll call them once we are done
    That's so strange! I just called Qld X-ray in Southport, Gold Coast on the number that was listed on the referral and didn't have any issues.

I just had my epu today. Absolutely all of the staff at bulk bill are beyond lovely! I am actually blown away by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck with your other eggies...

Keep eating healthy and take your prenatal vitamins and folic acid....

Look at the bright side .. you have frozen embryos ready to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    That's so strange! I just called Qld X-ray in Southport, Gold Coast on the number that was listed on the referral and didn't have any issues.

I just had my epu today. Absolutely all of the staff at bulk bill are beyond lovely! I am actually blown away by it.
    How did epu go without a general anesthetic? I'm terrified of that, because I've always had a general through Qfg. What drugs did they use? How many eggs did you get?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (18-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    How did epu go without a general anesthetic? I'm terrified of that, because I've always had a general through Qfg. What drugs did they use? How many eggs did you get?
    I was really nervous for it because I didn't know what to expect. I was also in heaps of pain beforehand because my ovaries felt like they were going to burst haha! But it actually wasn't bad at all. The anesthetic needle in each ovary stung a tiny bit. But then I didn't feel a thing. I was just chatting away with the FS and nurses the whole time. And the scientist was calling out my eggs numbers as we went.

I got 18 eggs, 16 suitable for ICSI and 11 fertilised. What an experience!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First round of IVF

Oh wow! Those numbers are great. Fingers crossed you get some beautiful blasties from that batch.

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as what you thought. That makes me feel so much better. I didn't realist they put the anesthetic in the ovary... So in a way that sounds good once the needle is done no pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh me too! I'll update you on Wednesday. If we can at least get one, eek!!!

The worst part is the nervous energy in the lead up, but then afterwards I almost cry laughed because I couldn't believe how much easier it was than I was expecting.

I don't know what general is like but I was pretty happy to be awake and alert and getting to hear live updates on my egg numbers! It was so good to get to be wheeled straight back to my dh and mum and talk to them about it straight away rather than have to sleep off the general before having any clue what went on!

Any updates from you?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey how is everything going ? Sorry I haven't been on, we decided to wait a little more before our next cycle , I don't think I'm ready just yet. But yeah let me know how it goes I'm so excited for you !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxsmileyxx93 View Post
    Hey how is everything going ? Sorry I haven't been on, we decided to wait a little more before our next cycle , I don't think I'm ready just yet. But yeah let me know how it goes I'm so excited for you !
    All good! Do you have some frosties for FET?

I had 18 eggs collected, 16 usable, 11 fertilised and 7 made it to day 5/6. So 7 little frosties. Just had my lining scan yesterday and have my first FET on Monday, yoohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg that so exciting good luck to you for Monday , yeah I have 1 more are you doing assisted hatching ?