+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Lisau77, do you mind if I ask which IVF clinic you ended up going with? Congratulations on a successful 1st cycle. During the week I also found out I have endo and have added that to the list of other things I have lol hoping to start first round IVF in around 2-3 weeks time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Qfg Gold Coast at Pindara, with dr Gary swift. My hubby is an ob dr and Gary was who he trusted to do my surgery and Ivf. ( also did my Cs) Apparently endo is one of the best reasons for Ivf, if gets cut out then ur one of the better candidates Vs other fertility problems. I live in bris now, but if I did decided get one of my frosties id go back to Gary. He has a great rep amongst all the obs I know, did a few of their deliveries!
    if u can get a proper work up and get anything which can be fixed done to improve chances.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Skirtym  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree about the research bit ladies! I have actually read every tiny bit of information I can possibly think to read about to the point where I have ran out of stuff to read about!! But I want moooore.

I was originally booked with Wazza's clinic in Bris for a week's time but have decided to go with a bulk bill clinic instead so another 6-8 weeks to wait.

A lot of the process for the bulk bill place is done off site and there's not as much support so good thing I have researched up the wazoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    WWhat bulk billing clinic are you going to if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bulk Bill IVF (bbivf). It's attached to Life Fertility which is the private clinic. They operate out of St Andrews hospital. I was a bit skeptical about bulk bill at first but after reading the reviews I think we've made the right choice to start. We're also gonna save a butt load of money this way (if it works out).

We have MFI after a failed reversal so helps to know the cause of our infertility. I think that makes it a bit easier for us choosing bulk bill, granted I'm all healthy, as they don't do a tailored treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OOh okay , I'm going to them 2 and they have been amazing !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay! That's awesome!! There aren't too many active ladies I've come across on BH that are going there, so I'm super excited for this. I saw on the IVF/fet thread that you have Epu tomorrow? Very exciting!

I'm just waiting to get some pap results back and then I'll submit my forms for bbivf this week hopefully. What's the process like after that? The lady I spoke to said it will take 6-8 weeks for an appt after getting the blood work done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had my first appointment in Jan but canceled because I got a/f the week before. I had an appointment with a nurse a month later and a week later I picked up my meds and just had to wait until I got a/f again, which took almost 2 months but pretty much have I started my stim cycle day 3 and and at day 12 went in for my u/s and now I go in for my epu tomorrowI'm a little scared because you aren't put completely under but its a local , so you are completely aware of what's going on. You mainly deal with the nurse's and not the fs but they answer all your questions and are really amazing so far. I will let you know how tomorrow goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eek! I read they only do local anesthetic for epu so I imagine it's super scary going in for it. Just think about the end result!!

Would love to hear how it goes! Do they limit the number of eggs they will take because you're not completely under? I read that another low cost clinic will only take 6 or 7 even if you have more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Eek! I read they only do local anesthetic for epu so I imagine it's super scary going in for it. Just think about the end result!!

Would love to hear how it goes! Do they limit the number of eggs they will take because you're not completely under? I read that another low cost clinic will only take 6 or 7 even if you have more.

Well I did my epu today and the worst bit is te local , I came out laughing haha but I got 11 eggs and they tell you as they find them and I cried haha because I didn't think I would get that many