+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pre labour

hey there mama's,
    the last 3 days ive had braxton hicks 10 minutes apart and today theyve dropped from 10 to 7 and now to 5 minutes apart. the.midwives at the hospital arent very helpful and keep saying come in when you have period pain. i have extremely high pain tolerance but have started feeling small twinges of pain. now for the gross part sorry :P ive been peeing every 15 -20 minutes and have pooped twice today! i usually only poop once a day. does any of this sound like pre labour is here? im interested in hearing your stories about labour and when you went into hospital 😊 thanks mummies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default pre labour

Definitely sounds like pre labour with my first I had 48 hours of slightly painful contractions every 10 minutes or so. I was 1cm dilated and carried on as usual. Then I woke up and the contractions were more painful and when I got to the point where I was having trouble getting through them and ranged from 5 to 1 mins apart (I never had regular contractions) I went to hospital. I was 5cm and delivered Bub later that day.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh thanks!! this is exciting. its my second bubba but my first i was induced and a completely different experience

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Youngbabymama For This Useful Post:

Patience86  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had three days of this. Then day 4 woke up at 430am, delivered at 612am
    I think all the pre labour really got my body ready for a nice quick delivery.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For my second I had two days of it. And an active labour of 3hrs. Third bub - about 8hrs pre labour and a 1HR active labour.

Good luck .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am the opposite. Lots of period like pain the last few days. No 'contractions' or BH that are in any way regular *sigh*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am the opposite. Lots of period like pain the last few days. No 'contractions' or BH that are in any way regular *sigh*.
    I had that with second bubs. Period like pain for about 5 days. I was disappointed and felt like it was never going to happen. Then it hit really quickly. No waters breaking. No regular contractions.
    Sounds like things are definitely getting close now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I had that with second bubs. Period like pain for about 5 days. I was disappointed and felt like it was never going to happen. Then it hit really quickly. No waters breaking. No regular contractions.
    Sounds like things are definitely getting close now!
    Was kinda worried about that lol. We are expecting a pretty quick birth and I don't want to have the baby on the side of the road (or on the bathroom floor with DS).

It's just amazing how every person, pregnancy and birth are all different.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pre labour

Sounds like pre labour to me. I had exactly what you are describing, painless tightenings that came in a pattern. They started irregularly and then worked themselves into a pattern over about 8 hours of coming every 10 minutes. Exercise, rest and fluid intake had to effect on their timing. I went to bed and was woken up 7 hours later by pains same timing as the night before, 10 mins apart. Pains got worse and closer together but never regular and Bub was born 8 hours later.

I did start going to the toilet more too, about 3 times I think but I was having pains by then. Good luck!
    Last edited by Snamoey; 07-04-2016 at 17:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go @Youngbabymama?