+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where in the world?

DH wants to take us on a 2 week holiday. He's asked if I could go anywhere in the world, where would I go? We have 2 1/2 year old and a 6mth old so it's needs to be safe and relatively kid friendly.

Travel inspiration please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it were me I would go back to the Maldives and take mil for babysitting! The flight would suck though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cayman Islands! gorgeous, no waves or rough surf, stunning beaches and very family friendly. again, the flights make it very unattractive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My post got cut short sorry. If flying is s concern (I found it hard with only one child at 10 mth and 20 mth) maybe somewhere closer like Fiji or Cook Islands. But pick good time of year and be aware kids clubs are usually 3 yrs +. So if you can take an extra pair of hands so you can relax a little more.
    Within oz Hamilton Island is perfect for families and you can self cater.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Where in the world?

With only 2 weeks to travel, Hawaii hands down for me. I'd include a trip to one of the outer islands in that time frame as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would wait til the kids were a bit older and maybe hit up Japan or the like. I don't really like beachy holidays.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If travel was no problem I would go back to Beaches Resort on the island of Turks and Caicos in the Carribbean. Kids and family paradise
    Otherwise I would just stick to Fiji/Vanuatu

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It all really depends on what kind of holiday you want (beach or city? etc.) and your dream destinations.

If you're after beaches - I second Turks and Caicos - amazing and very family friendly and your just a three hour flight away from NYC so you could also do a mini USA trip?

The lakes district of Northern Italy / France (lake Annecy) / Germany are all very beautiful and child friendly...

So many options!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to michellead For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With children that age I personally wouldn't choose to do a long haul flight. So for me the options would be: Singapore, Fiji (if you're in eastern states), Thailand or Bali.
    In most of SE Asia you can hire a nanny for a very reasonable price to stay with your little ones in the kids club, or just hang out with you & be an extra pair of hands.
    I know the above destinations aren't super exciting, but 20 hours on a plane with a baby + toddler is not my idea of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    New Zealand, specifically South Island for a two week ski holiday and a bit of sight seeing. I've been to the north island three times and loved it. Next on my overseas list is the south.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Koarlo  (08-04-2016)