+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to become an egg donar

Can someone please point me in the right direction. I live in victoria and want to donate my eggs I am 36 years old. Am i too old.
    I am new to this site and any advice is welcome advice
    Last edited by Denzii; 06-04-2016 at 22:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    From my understanding you are probably too old for egg donation. I am Not 100% though. Have you done a google search or talked to your GP?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Denzii  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's plenty of places people put ads looking for a donor, 36 your eggs are likely to be pretty good still. U could contact a local fertility clinic.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Denzii  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, no direct experiences, sorry. But here is a video, a story that is shared by a real egg donor. Hope this helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to batbat For This Useful Post:

anulka  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think if you go to a clinic as an anonymous egg donor they like 35 and under. But if you're finding the couple you wish to donate too and they take you to their clinic then it's ok.

You're doing a wonderful thing. I donated eggs to my sister, so obviously can't really help with finding who to donate to, but if you have any IVF questions I can answer them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want to be anonymous ( till the child turns 18 then they get your info) then go through a clinic, just call one in your area. If you would like a known donation then there are forums where people post their stories and you can read a bit about them before making contact and deciding if it's a good match and if you have the same expectations.
    Clinics will allow up to 38 with a known donor and they will do a few tests first to check your fertility.
    Good luck, I think it's one of the best things I have ever done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wanted too. But then I got funny about hubby donating sperm totally irrational I know.