+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLadyBugg View Post
    Did you go through as a public patient?
    Yes I did. And I still saw him every week from 20 weeks. The only thing he didn't do was deliver my babies! The midwives delivered twin 1 and dr pennell's registrar doctor delivered twin 2. I had met her on quite a few occasions prior to delivery so she felt familiar.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by flowers21 View Post
    Yes she seems to be fine thank goodness
    My appointments were every 5 weeks from 26 weeks for scans at kemh. I had midwife appointments at my home town every 2 weeks. When we had scans there was 3 doctors and 1 midwife present. After or before the scan I saw the midwife for a normal appointment these were done at the scan area at kemh. The one time that I attended there high risk clinic at kemh we saw the midwives and also the doctor and received a quick scan.
    The appointments were thorough although some what impersonal and felt a bit like just a number and was confusing to know who to call when I had questions but this could have been just because I was used to the small town country care. I felt a bit like this when I gave birth to my daughter as well although I couldn't really fault them aside from discharging us with out rechecking baby's weight which would have prevented being re admitted into special care nursery with too much weight loss but this is another story 😀.
    When getting scans they were very thorough and gave me all the info they could at the time there was no waiting.
    Thats great news about your daughter. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, there isn't much info out there, so its a huge help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

flowers21  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by boys boys boys View Post
    Yes I did. And I still saw him every week from 20 weeks. The only thing he didn't do was deliver my babies! The midwives delivered twin 1 and dr pennell's registrar doctor delivered twin 2. I had met her on quite a few occasions prior to delivery so she felt familiar.
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Did you receive a scan at each weekly appointment? Do you feel like you still received adequate care even though you were a public patient and not private?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping for anyone else who has any info they can share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by boys boys boys View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Did you receive a scan at each weekly appointment? Do you feel like you still received adequate care even though you were a public patient and not private?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure this is relevant. But I had my little boy at the family birth centre at KEMH and had a third degree tear, so I had to be moved to the main hospital and they were great. Really good care. He was also breech so I had to have an ECV up at the main hospital and they were great then too.

I have a friend who is currently pregnant and high risk at KEMH and she's happy with the care there too. A lady in my mother's group went there too (she had GD) and had a traumatic birth experiencing ending in a C-Sect under general anaesthetic and she's not super happy with how it all went, but I think her prenatal care was fine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fi Poledancer View Post
    I'm not sure this is relevant. But I had my little boy at the family birth centre at KEMH and had a third degree tear, so I had to be moved to the main hospital and they were great. Really good care. He was also breech so I had to have an ECV up at the main hospital and they were great then too.

I have a friend who is currently pregnant and high risk at KEMH and she's happy with the care there too. A lady in my mother's group went there too (she had GD) and had a traumatic birth experiencing ending in a C-Sect under general anaesthetic and she's not super happy with how it all went, but I think her prenatal care was fine.
    Thanks for your input all advice is hugely appreciated.