+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy vitamins

I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and would like to know which pregnancy vitamins I should be taking.
    Last time I just took ifolic so have been taking it again this time but am worried I should be taking something else as well! After the first trimester when I was pregnant with my son, I swapped to another vitamin as the obstetrician guided me to. Just not sure if I should be taking extra this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy vitamins

Folic acid is the big one but there is a general guide list of what u should be having put out by the college of obstetricians and no supplement does it all. I took fabfol preg multi one as it was only low in ca and fe. I eat heaps of meat and none had enough ca, I'm dairy intolerant so took separate ca. I'll ask my hubby if he still had the comparison list, but fefol did it all other than the listed issues.
    Last edited by Lisau77; 07-04-2016 at 10:06.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Iodine is also very important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Iodine is also very important.
    The ifolic is iodine and folic acid 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really need to read posts better. Sorry I've been skim reading lately and missed the part where you wrote that. I only ever took the ifolic and fish oil until bloods showed I needed more iron and vitD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I really need to read posts better. Sorry I've been skim reading lately and missed the part where you wrote that. I only ever took the ifolic and fish oil until bloods showed I needed more iron and vitD.
    Lol that's ok! I think I'll just stick with the ifolic until my obstetrician app around 11 weeks and see what she's says then. I had bloods done the other day so will find out my iron levels. They didn't seem to drop until after 20 weeks last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this chat with my endocrinologist the other day (seeing her for my thyroid). I am coming up to 7 weeks now and am alternating one day Blackmores pregnancy gold and one day iFolic. I bought iFolic when TTC based on my doctors advice that the other stuff isn't really necessary at that stage, then the pregnancy gold was on clearance so I bought that too. The reason I'm alternating now is because pregnancy gold has folic and iodine but also a whole heap of other vitamins including iron which I need and its two giant pills - which I don't want to take every day, whereas iFolic is just folic and iodine which is essential. My endo questioned whether I was sure it issn't the folic and iron combo, but I checked and it's definitely folic and iodine in iFolic.

I'm no expert but I eat well and my iron levels are good so I can alternate days as long as I'm getting my folic and iodine in the right dose every day (pregnancy gold you have to take two pills each day, iFolic is just one)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dr put me in elevit pregnancy vitamins but said any is fine. For me it was because I hadn't been taking anything he wanted the folic and vitamin