+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who has had pneumonia?

Was diagnosed with pneumonia this morning, it's only in 1 lung! Wanting to know how long was it till u were better! Started on antibiotics yesterday! Hurts so bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You poor thing. It's horrible! I had it as a teenager and ended up in hospital on Iv antibiotics because my asthma complicated matters. I'd say it took a good month for me to feel fully recovered.

I hope your recovery is much quicker! Rest as much as you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing! DD had it in February - took 6 weeks to recover and three rounds of antibiotics to get over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on antibiotics for 6 weeks and it took a few weeks longer than that to feel a little bit human again. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the bug that turns into pneumonia but I don't have pneumonia as such. I'm on week one of antibiotics and I'm feeling better though still very tired.
    Good luck and I hope they kick in soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, dr told me I had the flu Thursday last week, after still not feeling well I went back Tuesday, swab test came back clear no flu, so then she checked me over it was a chest infection that's turned to pneumonia! Had fevers for the last 7 days! 😞 I just want to feel better but I know it will take time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing, it's not fun.

I had it about 7 years ago and then caught whoooong cough.

I ended up needing quite a few courses of antibiotics and it took me forever to build my lungs and immune system back up, I had it in both lungs.

Most important thing is to prioritise rest, which can be hard but stay in bed or on the couch for as long as you can to try and recover. Exertion can make it hang around a lot longer. Call in help if you can. Probiotics are good too and def finish the course of antibiotics.

Hope it doesn't hang around too long for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I had it as a teen and took forever to get better

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who has had pneumonia?

I've had it 3 times. The last time I ended up in hospital for a week on IV antibiotics. Each time it has taken multiple rounds of antibiotics and weeks to get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it last year. Had been ill on and off for weeks then suddenly woke up in terrible pain. Took myself to a&e! Had an X-ray confirmed pneumonia in one lung, given strong Iv antibiotics then sent on my way with a script for a weeks worth (2 different types) The antibiotics started to kick in after 2 days an I felt better by 2 weeks. The antibiotics were very strong though, had to take with food and they still upset my stomach a bit. Did the trick though.