+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    😦😦😦

I've had some terrible experiences with MACH's but that is truly jaw dropping. I'm glad you got some support from your OB. Hope you're on the road to feeling better.
    Much better weaning off meds ATM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's really good to hear R&A&H. I have had nothing but trouble from MACH nurses and their equivalent so have every intention of avoiding when DS3 is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both kids early to experiment 4-5 ish months and reflux

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Thanks all dd3 is almost 8.5kg and doing pretty good on just booby. I just wanted to hear anecdotal stories for those it worked out for. I rang my paed in bris yesterday and he said I could wait till 9-10mths as milk is still very important. The only issue was iron levels but if I have good iron levels some will transfer in BM and also we need to start straight onto iron rich foods like meat and leafy greens.

Reason I asked was that the idiot MACH nurses here in the ACT went off the deep end. I was denying my child rice cereal and purees. Really WTF?
    Ugh, Mach nurses! I've had a couple of dodgy ones here in Canberra too. I tend to lie when questioned about dd's sleep or eating now. The only thing I have found the nurses useful for is finding out about all the other free services that are available here. There's free physio drop in, free speech path drop in, and even free paediatric psych stuff out there. I'm always amazed by the free services for under 5 year olds in the ACT. It's just a pity the Mach nurses don't hit the same standard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm going to avoid the whole MACH system. Bunch of idiots with outdated or simply just bad advice.

My first MACH visit was a disaster too. Dd3 was too fat at 4mths so I had to reduce milk and start on solids plus drop all night feeds. And when I said I was struggling with PND- I got told I would be put on their waiting list and to expect a call in 6-8wks. Thankfully my ob in bris mailed me a script for meds and got me into a phone counselling service.
    Wow... that's terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to avoid the whole MACH system. Bunch of idiots with outdated or simply just bad advice.

My first MACH visit was a disaster too. Dd3 was too fat at 4mths so I had to reduce milk and start on solids plus drop all night feeds. And when I said I was struggling with PND- I got told I would be put on their waiting list and to expect a call in 6-8wks. Thankfully my ob in bris mailed me a script for meds and got me into a phone counselling service.
    Oh Lordy.

That is horrible. I am so sorry you did not get the support you needed.

I am glad to hear you are feeling so much better now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was asked at my first MACH appt for ds2 (he was less than 2 weeks old) whether I was concerned about childhood obesity. Ds2 was 4.7kg at birth. The whole appt was focused on his weight. My dh ended up telling her to leave and maybe revisit her qualifications she was very rude and just overall misinformed.

When I mentioned that my two older children were similar weights at birth she asked whether I had them on diets now or whether they are still obese (they are FAR from obese!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've actually had a really good one here in Canberra - compeltely fit in with my 'do whats right for you' mentality. Think shes southside based though.

As for your question, DD we didnt start properly until about 6.5 months. We offerred her puree ar 4.5 - didnt work and it wasnt until 6.5 that we did properly as we were on holidays when she was 6 month.

DS was 6 months on the dot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we started dd3 at 6.5mths just tasting what we are eating. And she is taking to it so well. Everything she is trying out. She loves curries and rotis so I'm happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goddaughter was about 9-10 mths. Any earlier attempts she just vomited. Was thriving on breastmilk and off the growth charts. She eventually started trying things and now 2 yrs old and healthy and eats anything. We don't have a MCHN system in qld so no pressure from anyone.

My DS1 started 5.5 months after a very rude MCHN (in Melbourne) told me he was starving and would continue waking 3+ times a night if I didn't hurry up and start solids 😳. I had intended to wait until 6 months but rushed home and cried while I forced him to eat rice cereal (which he hated). It's so cr@p to feel pressured into it. This time round I will do baby led weaning fk what anyone else says.