+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could it possibly be teething pain? I read somewhere that it can be surges of pain and I remember my DS would wake up screaming and was inconsolable. I was often confused if it was a bad dream or his teeth.

I'm not sure if I have asked you before, have you been in touch with Ngala? There seems to be a few sleeping issues with your little guy, maybe you could organise a stay with them to try help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes. DS went there at 10w. It didn't really work out because DS isn't a textbook case. We are sending him back when we come back from a trip. Get over jetlag.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure about teething pain. When he had that at 4 months old, he basically woke up every hr crying but pacifier did the trick. Not his usual asking pacifier cry. And Panadol did the trick as well. He didn't respond to pacifier in this scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found this thread as I was going to start my own with this exact issue. Same age and everything. He goes down fine (drowsy but awake mostly) then within 1-2 hours of going to bed he is screaming blue murder. Nothing really consoles him aside from bf or putting him in our bed with us. He's a 40 minute day napper too. I've paid a sleep consultant to help, asked almost everyone I know for advice and feel I am doing just about everything to encourage good sleep habits but he is still shocking. No advice but good to see he's not the only one. so exhausting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is doing better with his nap in the last two weeks. He is now able to fall asleep on his own with nap. he actually sleeps longer now with the short last nap toward the evening. Impossible in the past. We didn't do anything special for the nap. He just "got it" one day. We did send him to sleep school at 10w but it didn't work at all.

As for night terror, my DS wouldn't even calm down with me putting him next to us in our bed or dummy. We don't feed him before midnight. He is bottle fed so we know that he wasn't hungry. We just held him until the episode went pass. He was basically not responsive.