+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The generic drug is exactly the same. Exactly. Always. So don't let that scare you.

I took zofran every single day from six weeks with both my babies. Even IV for months at a time in hospital. I lost 16kgs in my first pregnancy even with zofran.

I have two totally beautiful, vibrant and healthy children.

Thoughts are with you that it eases soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's what I was thinking! I have read so so many forums with hundreds of mums out there who took zofran to help them through the pregnancy, I believe I read one mum who said that her Bub ended up with a slight deformation but doctors said that it was definitely not from zofran..

I do hope it eases soon, it's such an awful feeling to wake up to every morning, although it's a constant reminder that there's a little jelly bean growing in my belly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've taken it before and it worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took it with my second pregnancy as I had HG. I won't lie, of the 4 pregnancies, it was the only one I was horrendously ill with and of my 4 children, that particular child has ended up with autism BUT I have a history of it in my family so I'm far more likely to deem it coincidental. Especially as another of my children has been giving red flags and is about to be assessed for it.
    I did question a lot of doctors about it once he was diagnosed. Asking if being so ill caused it or if it was the zofran, or any of the other medications I had to take. All assured me that it was nothing like that, and it was simply genetic in my case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mummies taking zofran to ease nausea and vomiting??

Yes I took it and it only helped initially. After that I was only left with prednisolone which allowed me to function. I was under the care of 3 excellent obstetricians and all said they would give all the drugs they gave me to their wives/partners and they were fine to take. It is a commonly prescribed medicine for morning sickness and usually very effective.
    Last edited by babyla; 11-04-2016 at 09:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took it, prescribed by my hubby who's an obgyn. Bub all fine. I've had friends be refused scripts at pharmacy that an ob wrote since the pharmacist was worried Coz they were pregnant, some pharmacists go over top....as with any profession of course ...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mummies taking zofran to ease nausea and vomiting??

I took it with my twins, it was a godsend and allowed me to function (was still nauseous but mostly only mild and only very rarely vomited).

My boys are happy and healthy and I would take it again for subsequent pregnancies. Make sure you drink heaps of water and take a stool softener/laxative if needed as it can cause bad constipation.

ETA - you're doctor is a bit of an a$$. Find another one who will give it to you, as another poster said the benefits far far outweigh the small risks (that exist with all drugs).