+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, everything about Xavier just turns me off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's so weird that Erin hadn't even thought of kids... Surely when you apply for a dating show based on living married life, you're actually looking for someone that's in it for the long haul, how does it not cross your mind?

I thought Xavier was alright at first, but he's become more of a douche as time goes on. I hope Simone finds someone nice.

I can't decide if I think Mark and Christie will last or not. I doubt he would move and Christie's whinging about travelling will probably break them up before they get to the stage where she would consider moving.

Jono had everyone fooled at the dinner party! I even started to think he wasn't so bad, until he made that comment about still having time to find someone (or something to that effect) - it was such a low blow to Claire. They portrayed her as a crazy bish at the dinner, but most of us would probably get that way if Jono was sitting beside us acting innocent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The distance is a massive problem with Mark and Christie. I absolutely do not think he should leave the farm to move to a shoebox in Sydney. What a disaster that would be. I've just moved to a farm, but spent my 20s in apartments in South Yarra and Toorak (Melbourne). I would rather eat my left arm off than ever live in an apartment again!!

I'm annoyed at the experts on the show for pairing those two, the distance will be the demise of their relationship.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-04-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post

Jono had everyone fooled at the dinner party! I even started to think he wasn't so bad, until he made that comment about still having time to find someone (or something to that effect) - it was such a low blow to Claire. They portrayed her as a crazy bish at the dinner, but most of us would probably get that way if Jono was sitting beside us acting innocent.
    I agree, that was incredibly insensitive.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

kim85  (20-04-2016),Phony  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I agree, that was incredibly insensitive.
    It was insensitive but Claire made a of off comments regarding Jono too.
    I like Jono, I think Claire was a cow and he just wasn't into her and I can't blame him.
    I think Claire needs to calm down, learn to love herself and get some counselling before she will be ready for a real relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I like Jono, I think Claire was a cow and he just wasn't into her and I can't blame him.
    I think Claire needs to calm down, learn to love herself and get some counselling before she will be ready for a real relationship.
    I agree. Her insecurities are really holding her back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    The distance is a massive problem with Mark and Christie. I absolutely do not think he should leave the farm to move to a shoebox in Sydney. What a disaster that would be. I've just moved to a farm, but spent my 20s in apartments in South Yarra and Toorak (Melbourne). I would rather eat my left arm off than ever live in an apartment again!!

I'm annoyed at the experts on the show for pairing those two, the distance will be the demise of their relationship.
    They won't know it's a disaster until he tries it, though. If I had a choice I'd pick apartment over farm every single time. The farm life is absolutely not for me. I'd be really annoyed to be paired with a farmer on a show like this. I would hate it long term, and would be trying to convince the other person to move in to an apartment
    I agree, though...it was dumb of the experts to pair these two up.
    Last edited by Full House; 20-04-2016 at 18:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    They won't know it's a disaster until he tries it, though. If I had a choice I'd pick apartment over farm every single time. The farm life is absolutely not for me. I'd be really annoyed to be paired with a farmer on a show like this. I would hate it long term, and would be trying to convince the other person to move in to an apartment
    I agree, though...it was dumb of the experts to pair these two up.
    Farm life is definitely not for everyone. I love it, but many would hate it. They'd have half a hope at least if his farm was near Sydney...but instead it's a bazillion miles away. Very unfortunate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Farm life is definitely not for everyone. I love it, but many would hate it. They'd have half a hope at least if his farm was near Sydney...but instead it's a bazillion miles away. Very unfortunate!
    This is very true. Hubby and I are squirrelling away our pennies and dream of our very own farm that is hopefully in our future. Yet my parents want to live in a little townhouse in Sydney CBD and think people only live in the country "because they're too poor to live in the city". They hate the country and I hate the city and neither of us ever understood each other.

We live very country. If I still spoke to them, they would be appalled at where I live now.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (23-04-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Yeah I agree with that also, Clare definitely could have handled herself better. I think she was just so pained that night, it was still so raw and Jono's flippant remark would have just killed her.
    It's obvious that she has some self esteem issues and coupling her with a fitness loving gym bunny was bound to cause some sort of imbalance along the way.
    I don't hate Jono. I like them both as individuals. He's just not meant for Clare and vice versa. Major clashes, the "experts" failed them for sure.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 20-04-2016 at 23:25.