+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finally pregnant terrified of miscarriage, anyone else?

I'm 32yrs old, suffer from lean pco. Have had very difficult IVF cycles in the past - usually great number of eggs but only a few alive on day 3. This cycle I was lucky enough to get my first ever BFP. I found out right around 4 weeks, the first few days were fun and amazing but now my happiness has turned to paranoia of losing my miracle baby. I google stats 24/7, trying to find some kind of hope to hold onto but when I read the sad stories of others who have lost a pregnancy it sends me to a bad place in my head. But I can't stop googling, this is my last try to chat to others about it (instead of my husband, I don't want to give him the same feelings I have) before I throw my computer of a cliff
    Anyone else had similar situation where they only had one embryo left and mad it to delivery? Or anyone else as paranoid as I am? I just want to be happy and enjoy it but I feel I can't until I've made it to 12 weeks (I know even then is not guaranteed). My best friend lost 5 babies before her miracle, but she falls pregnant easy, it has taken me 5 years to get a good egg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We all (not just us ivfers) go through this. The fear and paranoia is very real but you must remeber that while mc is unfortunately common, the majority of pregnancies end with a happy and healthy baby.

I consider myself very lucky to have gotten my bfp after my 3rd stim cycle and only had 2 embryos from 6 by day 3. Both were transferred and I have a beautiful girl about to turn 2. I spent the whole pregnancy in denial and really struggled to bond with here until she was around 3 months old.

Join a DIG (due in group) where you can chat with other mum's to be due around the same time and step away from google ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Ngaiz that might help. I find is hard to navigate these sites for some reason but will have a hunt around I hope I'm as lucky as you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If ur up to 7-8 weeks with a heathy scan, appropriate for dates and hb ur 90% there.... Most mc at 7,8,9 wks occurred a couple of weeks earlier but hadn't been picked up yet as there hadn't been a scan.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Lisau77 I'm only 5 weeks today, agghhh the next 2 weeks waiting for my scan are killing me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Projectbub For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to panic about every twinge, there's lots of random twinges in early preg.i put mine down to still being hyperstim, but a friend who got preg naturally 8w after me had pretty similar signs. She's a gp, and proclaimed she thinks she's been being a ***** to pregnant women, because pregnancy was awful! She sees them in a whole new light now! 2weeks won't take too long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectbub View Post
    Thanks @Lisau77 I'm only 5 weeks today, agghhh the next 2 weeks waiting for my scan are killing me
    I'll join you in the boat. DH and I tried for 3 years before doing our first round of IVF. We have been lucky to get a bfp first go. I'm still worried things aren't going to end well as we had a MMC at 12 weeks even though we had a dating scan and saw a good HB at 6.5 weeks. I'm 5w1d. Come join us in the Dec due date threads xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finally pregnant terrified of miscarriage, anyone else?

Hi Projectbub I'm currently 19w4d pregnant from my first IVF transfer but second cycle. My first cycle I had no response to the Gonal-f which was quite a shock to me as I didn't even know that was possible. In my second cycle I managed to get 1 good egg to day 3 which was put back in me and a not so good egg was frozen. I later found out my AMH is super low so I was very fortunate to have that one good egg.

I haven't struggled anywhere as long as you have but I definitely have been scared of miscarriage the entire 19 weeks and probably will be until the day I see a healthy baby in my arms. I just get through it by counting down to the next scan (most OB's also give you a quick scan in their office once you start seeing them I think) and have also just bought a Doppler so I can check there is a heartbeat when I start to get anxious. I also try to prepare mentally at each appointment in case there is no heartbeat, and tell myself that at least now I know I can get pregnant and we will keep on trying till we get our baby.

Anyway good luck and hugs to you and I hope to see you happily pregnant 30 weeks from now!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gypsychild For This Useful Post:

Projectbub  (07-04-2016),Tinachris  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gypsychild I have low Amh too. Great to read your experience and congratulations!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lisau77 haha! Thats so funny. I have been a bit moody too actually. But I take any pregnancy symptoms as a good sign, for once my hubby has been happy for me to be cranky pants haha
    @MaybeBabyIVF Oh my goodness, a loss at 12 weeks I'm not sure I could come back from that, espically after talking to it for 3 months! I take my hat off to you for getting back up and trying again and I hope this time is it for you? May I ask your age? Do you have any specific issues that may have caused it? (I have PCOS). Thanks for the invite, I'm so stupid when it comes to this site, is there a URL for due in Dec? Everytime I think I found a thread its from a few years ago. How do you find recent ones?
    @gypsychild I now understand the term 'it only takes one', but it would be less stressful if there were 5 others frozen to try wouldnt it. Only having one literally makes me feel like all my egg(s) are in one basket lol I hope we both have a great outcome and get out little one we so much want. 19 weeks though is a great start! I'm 5 weeks and 2 days today, every day feels like a week! 2 weeks until my scan, I'm nervous already.

I actually went into the clinic today for a blood test to make sure my hcg is increasing, when the phone rings my heart stops beating, luckily they said I'm up to 3,850 which is good, but doesn't mean much at this point. I had been testing with Clear Blue every day and waiting for the 2-3 week, to increase to 3+ weeks, when it wasn't happening I was worried, as I read that it should turn to 3+ weeks when you hit 2,000 hcg. I still havent got 3+ weeks but hcg is 3,850. Goes to show those tests aren't perfect.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Projectbub For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (06-04-2016)