*TW* late term ab0rti0n advice & support | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no advice or insight and I will be no help at all but I am really sorry this happened to you and I really hope you get the answers you deserve

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry for all that you have had to endure op.

In regards to finding answers I wonder if you could book an appointment with another abortion clinic in your city. With one of the nurses or councilors. They won't be able to tell you about your experience specifically but with their knowledge they could help you piece together memories or make more sense of things.
    Good luck. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thinking of the 13 year old you has completely broken my heart, I remember 13 and I just can't fathom having to go through something like that at any age let alone at 13 years old and what sounds like, very publicly

How do you feel about the police not charging the 'boy' ? Speaking only for myself and as a mother I'm upset for you that justice wasn't sought.

Shame on your stepfather, what a callous cruel person to taunt a child about what happened like he did, I really can't get my head around the cruelty of his taunts.

It will probably be healing for you to try to find out more details of what has happened, you need to forgive yourself, the decisions that were made were made for you, I'm sure they were made with love and your best interests at heart. If you are having trouble forgiving yourself look at a 13 year old girl that you know and ask yourself what you would put on her - none of it so go easy on yourself.

Huge hugs for that little girl you were

💔

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (04-04-2016),Sonja  (04-04-2016),Tiny Dancer  (05-04-2016),VicPark  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would let everyone know I heard back from the clinic today.. And they do still have access to my records & will be providing me with a copy in the coming days.

Right now I am just so relived that I'll have some answer's shortly, though I'm sure I will feel a range of emotions once I receive the records.

Thanks all for your kind words, it really has helped in the last few days x
    Last edited by BerryDelicious; 05-04-2016 at 20:32.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BerryDelicious For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (05-04-2016),AdornedWithCats  (05-04-2016),babyno1onboard  (05-04-2016),BettyW  (06-04-2016),cheeeeesecake  (06-04-2016),JustJaq  (05-04-2016),mrswhitehouse  (07-04-2016),Tiny Dancer  (06-04-2016),VicPark  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very happy to hear that you will have access to your records. I feel that I should warn you that they may not be as detailed and accurate as you are hoping. Policies regarding record keeping has come a long way in the past decade or so. Also I wonder if you can find someone to help you go over them. If this was about a traumatic birth I would suggest hiring an independent midwife to help decipher and debrief the notes. They may be full of medical jargon and abbreviations. In your situation I'm not sure if a midwife, a gp, nurse or someone else may be best for helping you. Just something to consider. Good luck.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (06-04-2016),bezzy  (05-04-2016),VicPark  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Red,

The clinic did say they are unsure of how much information is in my file & won't know until it is returned to the clinic.

Depending on the contents, they will either be providing me with a copy directly via email, or sending them to my GP (If they are concerned that the contents could be harmful to my emotional/psychological health)

If my GP receives them, it will be his decision if I can view the contents or not. If he deems the contents could cause harm, he will still be able to have a discussion with me about the contents & answer my questions in a sensitive manner.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BerryDelicious For This Useful Post:

RedCreamingSoda  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryDelicious View Post
    Thank you Red,

The clinic did say they are unsure of how much information is in my file & won't know until it is returned to the clinic.

Depending on the contents, they will either be providing me with a copy directly via email, or sending them to my GP (If they are concerned that the contents could be harmful to my emotional/psychological health)

If my GP receives them, it will be his decision if I can view the contents or not. If he deems the contents could cause harm, he will still be able to have a discussion with me about the contents & answer my questions in a sensitive manner.
    Hey Berry, I don't know how you feel about this response but the threshold for denying someone access to their notes is very high (I'm a lawyer). Neither the clinic nor the GP can make that decision lightly, even though they might try to. Unless you've been diagnosed with an actual mental health issue that a mental health professional has said will be triggered if you see the notes, I'd bad arguing that (unless you'd like the GP to take the lead on this).

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (06-04-2016),gingermillie  (07-04-2016),smallpotatoes  (06-04-2016),VicPark  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Hey Berry, I don't know how you feel about this response but the threshold for denying someone access to their notes is very high (I'm a lawyer). Neither the clinic nor the GP can make that decision lightly, even though they might try to. Unless you've been diagnosed with an actual mental health issue that a mental health professional has said will be triggered if you see the notes, I'd bad arguing that (unless you'd like the GP to take the lead on this).
    Im not sure how high the threshold is, but i have a diagnoses for PTSD & DA due to 'prolonged sustained childhood trauma of a physical, mental & emotion abuse'.. So yes, I am a bit 'sensitive' ATM & this is one of the triggering topics. I have been honest about this with the clinic but my psyc is suggesting that obtaining this information will help (not hinder) my recovery.

I trust my GP & he knows me well, so if they are sent to him, he will help me make the decision as to whether I want to read everything or just have my questions answered. He is unlikely to tell me what to do, he will just give me his opinion & let me make the decision.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerryDelicious For This Useful Post:

RedCreamingSoda  (07-04-2016),VicPark  (07-04-2016)