+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default Dream interpretation

Just wondering if we have anyone on BH that enjoys interpreting dreams. I often have strange dreams that I try to research without much success. It would be great if anyone was keen to interpret dreams on here.

I'll share my latest dream of anyone is willing to interpret

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not sure I'd be very good at it but I have very visual and intense dreams, so I'll give it a shot.

Your thread title caught my attention because I have a recurring dream of drowning.
    I never actually drown though.
    The terror is in a normal situation turned to disaster.
    The circumstances and scenery can change but it always peaks with water on the other side of a glass window, just waiting to burst through.
    It's that moment of silence that I'm suspended in, just before the glass breaks under the pressure and the inevitable happens.
    Terrifying!
    But I wake up before the worst and sometimes I can even control the outcome of the dream when I realise where it's going.

Last week this nightmare became a reality for a family in Ireland and I'm finding it extremely hard it deal with the emotions it's bringing up in me even though they were complete strangers. My worst nightmare was their reality. I can't switch it off. I know those feelings, I've had them but I got to wake up. My heart bleeds for the tragedy they never escaped. I fight it during the day but it gets me just as I'm nodding off to sleep, when my defences are down.

Anyway - shoot!
    What's your dream?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Gosh you poor thing! I sometimes have weird dreams that turn out true. Things you can't explain. So strange.

Anyways, my latest dream was about giving birth (I'm pregnant). Was a decent labour etc except the baby came out as an owl! Feelings around the dream: it was a happy dream and I was happy with my owl instead of s baby! Lol

I had a similar dream when I was pregnant with my daughter. I had a dream I gave birth to a dog but refused to keep t as it wasn't my baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, yeah they're strange.

I thought for for a second if you were happy with both animal babies maybe the animals related to traits the children have or spirit guides?
    Is your relationship with your daughter easy going or is there friction?
    I wouldn't read too much into it but its interesting all the same.

I dreamed of little frogs in my belly on both boys before I knew I was pregnant.
    I didnt have any dreams with two miscarriages I've had, and then on the third child I got the distinct feeling of a warm hug on my leg while washing the dishes one day, again before I knew I was pregnant.
    As soon as my daughter be began to crawl she would find me at the sink and hug my leg. Crazy lil world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm dreaming of crocodiles all this week.
    HUGE ones.
    And the odd hippo here and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Oh, yeah they're strange.

I thought for for a second if you were happy with both animal babies maybe the animals related to traits the children have or spirit guides?
    Is your relationship with your daughter easy going or is there friction?
    I wouldn't read too much into it but its interesting all the same.

I dreamed of little frogs in my belly on both boys before I knew I was pregnant.
    I didnt have any dreams with two miscarriages I've had, and then on the third child I got the distinct feeling of a warm hug on my leg while washing the dishes one day, again before I knew I was pregnant.
    As soon as my daughter be began to crawl she would find me at the sink and hug my leg. Crazy lil world.
    My daughter is 18 months. She's definitely a mummy's girl but boy she gives me a run for my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    I'm dreaming of crocodiles all this week.
    HUGE ones.
    And the odd hippo here and there.
    I've been having dreams about swimming in water with crocs too!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dream interpretation

I can't interpret dreams, but I'm interested in others responses..

I should probably edit to add... I posted a description of one of my recurring nightmares. In hindsight, it was too horrific and probably should've included a trigger warning.i deleted my original post, as it was pretty full on. And I didn't even write about some of the worse ones. I suffer with nightmares..
    Last edited by preggasaurus; 04-04-2016 at 18:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh my gosh that's horrific!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I missed that, preggasaurus.

I'm up since 3am with DS2 who just woke up screaming that he was covered in poo. No poo, just a dream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Oh my gosh that's horrific!
    Sorry, I edited the post. My dreams are a bit full on, they're the reason for my insomnia. Should've put a trigger warning on it, or even better, never posted it to start with.

Sorry.