+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Minimal symptoms at 6 weeks

Hi ladies, hoping you can let me know if what I'm experiencing is pretty typical for this early in preg. I'm about 6 weeks 2 days, and kinda expected more symptoms than what I'm having, so I hope everything is ok?! My mild symptoms are - bbs tender some days and not others, light headed as soon as i get hungry, hungry a lot, peeing a bit more (but also having more water so u know, whats that really mean), and sleep has been restless. Occasional tiredness in afternoons. That's about it, no nausea at all, really. I'm not saying I want morning sickness, but so many i know have it by now and it seems to be a comforting sign that a pregnancy is progressing. Has anyone experienced minimal symptoms at 6ish weeks and all was ok? I have a dating scan this tuesday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nik199 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (03-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had no symptoms at all in either of my pregnancies. If I hadn't done ivf I wouldn't have known.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Nik199  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I didn't have any symptoms. Not even sore boobs. With ds2 I had a couple days of nausea but never any tiredness etc. Don't worry, some people are lucky and have easy pregnancies, it doesn't mean there's a problem.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Nik199  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, that's a relief to hear!! I'm a little paranoid as my Dr freaked me out after my first blood test at 3+5 weeks was low hcg (48), and the second doubled in 52 hours. Two tests since then have had great doubling times of 34 hours, and much better numbers. so im really hoping i was just very early with those first bloods and that everythings going ok despite few symptoms. such a nerve wracking time. tuesday can't come soon enough!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Again don't worry about the bloods. When I was pregnant with ds1 I was very ill in hospital so was having bloods done daily and they were checking hcg (in uk they don't do hcg blood tests, you normally just go the the gp when you get a positive home preg test and the next thing is the 12 weeks scan) and at one point they commented that the levels weren't rising as they should. Luckily being in hosp already they did a scan and all was fine, they could even see a heart beat at 6 weeks. Now I've got a healthy 2 year old from that pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you, I think sometimes too much information can be a bad thing and maybe that's why they don't bother with blood tests in the uk. They just stress people out when you can't do much about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Nik199  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm inclined to agree, the blood work is probably only useful if there's some other problem and they need more clues what's happening, rather than for the sake of it from the outset...totally did my head in first few days until things improved. Was a needless stress.
    Thanks for your positive story, happy it worked out so well for you. Hope I'm lucky too x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long may it continue 😀 I'm 9+3 - didn't have any symptoms till 7 weeks and then it kicked in with a vengeance!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkTutu For This Useful Post:

Nik199  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to update this thread in case any ladies refer to it later. I had my dating scan yesterday and so far all looks as it should, was measuring 6+5 weeks and we saw a lovely heartbeat of 142. So relieved !! A way to go yet but at least I can not fret about minimal symptoms at this point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Nik! Enjoy the minimal symptoms while you can once the nauesa kicks in its less enjoyable :-S I'm 6 weeks 6 days and I just feel terrible all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are very lucky if you have no symptoms, it is more common then you would expect!

I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all and only found out that I was pregnant at 14 weeks!

I has no sore or tender breasts, no cravings, was not overly hungry, no morning sickness.....nothing!

I did however have gestational diabetes but that was it!

Enjoy!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beckyashleigh For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (05-05-2016)