+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6/7 Seater Car Reccomendations Wagons with D*ckie Seats too

We need to upgrade our car from the lovely 5 seater to 6. I've looked at loans and finance and we are able to do that, however, that's an extra load of money every week I'm paying out on top of everything else that's about to increase. So I was looking at maybe getting a meantime car until I have better savings towards a new car.

Someone we know has a commodore station wagon that has d*ckie seats installed in the back. I have yet to go and look at the car but from a quick squiz online, there doesn't appear to be a lot of room. Pram we have is a strider compact, has a second toddler seat, so that needs to fit in the car.

Does anyone have recommendations or advice about these types of cars or any others I should be looking at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a kia carnival it's great and you could pick up an older one pretty cheap! We also had a kia Sorrento with 7 seats that was awesome if you don't need more than 3 anchor points and you would also be able to pick one up second hand pretty cheap. I'm not sure on the dickie seats installed as extras. But I'm assuming that there wouldn't be airbags and safety back there. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

Balfour  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Kia Grand Carnival. 8 seater. DH has a Holden Captiva 7 seater. My car has heaps more room, huge boot space, flexible seating as can take out seats, plenty of anchor points. DHs extra seats are basically in the boot, so no extra space for anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 6/7 Seater Car Reccomendations Wagons with D*ckie Seats too

Second hand you can get Kia Sorrento's at a good price. We just test drove a bunch of 7 seaters and ended up getting a new Nissan Pathfinder, the 3rd row of seats is pretty comfy but they are a big car.

Maybe worth looking at a Toyota Kluger or a Hyundai. Be careful looking at the Captiva's, we considered one but there are some year model releases that seemed to have really bad reviews and defects so just do a bit of research.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 02-04-2016 at 14:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have kia carnival too. There is no compromise on boot space. Some 7 seaters have the seats practically up against the glass of the boot.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Second hand you can get Kia Sorrento's at a good price. We just test drove a bunch of 7 seaters and ended up getting a new Nissan Pathfinder, the 3rd row of seats is pretty comfy but they are a big car.

Maybe worth looking at a Toyota Kluger or a Hyundai. Be careful looking at the Captiva's, we considered one but there are some year model releases that seemed to have really bad reviews and defects so just do a bit of research.
    We got the Pathfinder too. I love it but it is big! I discovered recently that it doesn't fit, lengthways, into CBD car parks in Melbourne. On street car parks I mean.
    I also like the Kluger but it's basically the same size.
    The room in the 3rd row or boot is great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    We got the Pathfinder too. I love it but it is big! I discovered recently that it doesn't fit, lengthways, into CBD car parks in Melbourne. On street car parks I mean.
    I also like the Kluger but it's basically the same size.
    The room in the 3rd row or boot is great!
    Oh no way I'll be doing any street or reverse parallel parking in it hehehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also have a Nissan Pathfinder which we love. It is a large car but we also considered the smaller Nissan X-trail which does have a 7 seat option but was a little two small for our needs. For a slightly cheaper second hand option I would also look at older model ford territory's that come in both 5 and 7 seat options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for the Pathfinder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who are you going to be seating in the third row? A true dickie seat (like in a commodore or falcon) is only designed for a child 4+ to about 30kg. They are height and weight limited and cannot have a child restraint on them. They take the place of a booster which is why 4+ can use them. If you want to seat bigger kids or adults go with something that has a factory third row. Territories and Grand Carnivals both come with anchor points in the third row so will be more flexible.