+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default SLEEP finally :)

When we lived in Melbourne DH and j lived in a tiny place in Carlton while we renovated. Our bedroom was like a freezer but DD1's room was always heated at the exact same temperature. I found a heater essential to stop early morning waking.

But I'm talking about 430am. Anything past 5 is a sleep in in this house until the kids get to around 2 and then they start sleeping in. Now I've got older girls I find I have to wake them on school days.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs @PinkPopsicle!

Yes I dreamfeed 2.5 hours after she goes down- but that is solely due to me going to bed at that time lol.
    The only reason I introduced it was she is under 6 months and is around 6kg, so was under the age and weight guidelines for going 11-12 hours without a feed. I also stopped solids at this time.

How old is your bubs? I think he's a bit older than mine? He may be waking at the 3 hour mark as he IS hungry - as he is used to getting calories then. The book I followed suggested cutting down the feed a little each day (as just leaving a hungry baby to cry is mean and involves LOTS of crying) then cutting itout completely and teaching them to resettle themselves at that time.
    Also it is much better to wake and feed bubs as opposed to responding to them crying with a feed as they then associate that with waking. I would suggest waking and feeding about 2.5 hours after putting to bed and cutting down the feed a little until you can drop it all together.

I know how hard it is to deal with chronic sleep deprivation. I hope you find some relief soon xxxxxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (05-04-2016),VicPark  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    . Anything past 5 is a sleep in .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a lot of zombies (sleep deprivation) here.
    @PinkPopsicle: I hear you. DS is up almost every hr these days. I am back to work part time. Thankfully, DH on night shift if I work the next day. But this won't last forever. Most weekend we r catching up sleep rather than taking DS out to enjoy the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls; we've decided to pop in and dreamfeed him at that 3hr mark as most nights its a good feed, then dont take the monitor into our room and just respond as needed overnight. His room right next to ours so if he's really waking up i hear him but the monitor i hear him grunt, squeak roll over etc so have probably been responding too early.
    LMS yeah we were thinking its better to feed unaware rather than waking crying and getting fed. Not sure how to go qith thw overnight ones, will do one night at a time. He's 7mths, 9kg, breastfed no dummies/bottles and now on 3meals a day. He has 2-3 day naps and goes to bed 6/6.30 and up at 6.30amish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You poor thing. Fingers crossed you win lotto and don't have to go back to work

Feel free to PM me if you want a hand (brainstorm) with the sleep issue
    Thanks VicPark i think its a total sleep association that i just dont have the balls to break at the moment. We did hire a sleep consultant at 4.5mths but ran into big problems (teething, heatwaves, distracted baby, prolactin decrease leading to losing milk supply (fixed now)) plus we were really uncomfortable with her approach (leave to cry for 10 whole minutes until 1st response).
    So we abandoned that plan and have just been stumbling along

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Wow. That sounds complicated. I've never checked bubs room temp. Nor have I ever used heaters in bedrooms. Just shoved them in bed with me if they wake 2+ a night.

To each their own.

Aren't you guys worried about heating costs?? Our bill is usually under $300/quarter.
    You may find this a little different in a colder climate... Especially on minus nights in the middle of winter, depending on your heating. It can actually be more efficient sometimes in middle of winter to keep heating on low all night to keep the chill off the air, rather than turn it off and crank it up in the early morning. Our winter quarter was at least triple that $$ last winter..

I had a winter bub and i def found a temperature monitor really helpful (but I'm somewhere where it gets very cold in winter) he started instantly sleeping 4 hours a pop when we added an extra layer, heated the room just a bit more. It can be hard to get it right though so they don't overheat. I found a grow egg really useful to try keep a constant temp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    You may find this a little different in a colder climate... Especially on minus nights in the middle of winter, depending on your heating. It can actually be more efficient sometimes in middle of winter to keep heating on low all night to keep the chill off the air, rather than turn it off and crank it up in the early morning. Our winter quarter was at least triple that $$ last winter.. .
    This is true. We had hydronic heating and it was more efficient to leave it on all day and night then to be turning it on and off all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SLEEP finally :)

@Mod-Degrassi or any other mod who notices this- is it possible to make this thread a sticky?
    I think it might be helpful to those who are thinking about controlled crying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    @Mod-Degrassi or any other mod who notices this- is it possible to make this thread a sticky?
    I think it might be helpful to those who are thinking about controlled crying
    Done

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-11-2016)