+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default SLEEP finally :)

Her day naps are spot on I think- now it's *usually* 2x 1-2 hour naps and a cat nap in the mid arvo. It's always between 3-4 hours total. I'm trying to delay the first nap as I know that can exacerbate the early wake ups. Today she only did 40 minutes and wouldn't resettle as she was so overtired when I put her down. (I just got her up then after giving her 20 minutes to put herself back to sleep)

Don't think it's temp it stays stable all night I use a small heater which comes on around 1am.

Will see if solids help
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 05-04-2016 at 09:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    @MrsIsMe I actually have a spare copy of the book, (I just went on the hunt for it and found it)
    if you pm your details I will post it out to you

ps Unwrapped- in a sleeping bag. They advise to stop swaddling/wrapping and also get rid of the dummy at the same time.
    Thank you so much LMS for the offer, you're too kind! XX I will message you now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw your update about 5am wakes, have you tried adding an extra layer of blankets for warmth? Solids may be the key too. What about going in and giving a BF then putting back to bed until 7 if you think it's hunger related? LOL don't listen to me though, my kid can't stay asleep for longer than 1.5 hours day or night

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsIsMe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    One thing to consider - many bubs drop the third catnap around 6 months. Dropping this catnap nap and delaying the first nap may help encourage longer day sleeps and *may*!prevent early rising.

Of course no guarantees

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for crashing the thread. I am following it and interested.
    @VicPark: re solid. DS hasn't been consistent with night feed. Some nights he didnt' even need one. He was only on formula when that happened. He was about 4 months at the time. With the intro of solid, we thought he would skip the night feed. Well, almost but not quite. He woke up at 5am starving two nights ago. He constantly wakes up asking for dummy. Normally, he falls back to sleep (which is a problem of itself) so no night feed. He makes it clear when he wants a night feed. I think it is pushing it for a 7pm bedtime and 7am wake time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

Don't think it's temp it stays stable all night I use a small heater which comes on around 1am.

If you haven't already still might be worth getting a gro egg (room thermometer), fiddling with the bedding and seeing how/if bub reacts. some heaters aren't perfectly consistent with temperature which can complicate things.

With my youngest I was able to pinpoint to the half degree the temperature at which he was on his side (so-so comfortable temp wise) to which he moves on his back (very comfortable). Any more than 1,5 degrees lower that the perfect temp and he was on his back (cold).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow. That sounds complicated. I've never checked bubs room temp. Nor have I ever used heaters in bedrooms. Just shoved them in bed with me if they wake 2+ a night.

To each their own.

Aren't you guys worried about heating costs?? Our bill is usually under $300/quarter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default SLEEP finally :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Wow. That sounds complicated. I've never checked bubs room temp. Nor have I ever used heaters in bedrooms. Just shoved them in bed with me if they wake 2+ a night.

To each their own.

Aren't you guys worried about heating costs?? Our bill is usually under $300/quarter.
    It's not that complicated once you get the hang of it/know what you're doing. There are energy efficient heaters you can get. My electricity bill isn't much more than $400/qtr. The small extra financial cost (to me) is well worth the benefit of having a bub not wake through the night (7pm-7am, love my sleep - don't handle sleep deprivation well).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arghhh you definitely have achieved greatness with that sleep, OP! My 4 month old still wakes like a newborn alllll night. I'm starting to get pretty fed up now. I don't expect her to sleep through but even just three wake ups would be amazing right now!
    Thanks for sharing your success

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueBubbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm finding it so hard to find the right temp at night which I think may be a huge reason for our lack of success. At home in Sydney the room was usually 26-27c at night as we don't like leaving the ac on all night. Now we are in Europe I find I'm worried about ds getting cold in the cot so he's wearing a sleeping bag but then halfway through the night he end up sleeping on me so is then sweating. Just don't know how to figure it out without changing clothes and bedding multiple times a night!