+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night time toilet training

My Miss 3 is fully toilet trained during day time and naps. But is in pull ups at night. She wakes up with a very full pull up. We have tried two night of big girl undies but has had about 3 accidents each time.
    Any tips??

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she is waking up with a full, wet nappy every morning then she is not ready to be night trained (imo). It is very different to be day trained and night trained and 3 is very young still. I would wait until she is waking up with a dry nappy most mornings and then trying her in undies overnight.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

michellead  (02-04-2016),Nafsika  (02-04-2016),SoThisIsLove  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree, it sounds like she just needs longer until her body is ready. Wait at least until she sometimes wakes up dry.

DD was out of day nappies by 21months but was't ready to be out of pull ups at night until almost 4. Daytime and night soooo different, it is not about bladder control, it is about the body producing the right hormones to keep recirculating liquids and concentrating the urine. This change happens at different ages for each child.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheNewBlack View Post
    My Miss 3 is fully toilet trained during day time and naps. But is in pull ups at night. She wakes up with a very full pull up. We have tried two night of big girl undies but has had about 3 accidents each time.
    Any tips??
    Honestly the best advice I ever got for night " training" ( you can't train them as such they will when they are developmentally ready) is that they will become dry in their own time.

Once she starts waking dry for a week straight, take her out of the pull ups. DD1 was 2.5 when fully day trained and like u I did try without success at night around 3 as well. At 4.5 she consistently started waking dry & took the night time knickies off ( as we liked to call them) and she's had one accident since then. She's now 5.5. 👍 Stress free for both of us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our little boy is 5 and is fully trained during the day, but is still wearing Dry Nights to bed. Most mornings he's dry, but I'm not keen about having to change the bed if has an accident, and honestly, I really don't think it's a big deal that he's still wearing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first daughter was daytime & nap trained by 22 months with very few accidents from day one of training & wore pull ups to bed until she was 4.5years. Asked public health nurse & gp for advice plenty of times but they assured me she would grow out of it. She would wet the bed 3 or 4 times per night & it didn't even wake her so she wasn't aware she was doing it. We used the pull ups until she had a week straight of dry nights & that was it 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenzbaby3 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my 3 kids, all toilet trained at 3, id master the daytime then get them up at regular intervals thru the night.. The first few nights they would be very cranky and scream but stopped doing that after a few days. They then all woke when they needed to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Yes my gut feeling is that she isn't ready. She has s bladder of steel throughout the day (can last 6 hours plus) but at night seems to pee heaps. Thanks I'll try again in a couple of months maybe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Perhaps thats why she is so wet overnight because she is holding on during the day.
    Can you encourage her to go more often during the day.
    Holding on is not the best habit for a small child