+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Info required re: tracking cycles, ovulation etc.

Well I might be 32 with 2 kids but I know bugger all about the whole TTC business and i've been snooping on the testing threads but I'm completely confused.
    Firstly, I only rejoined yesterday after a long absence as my new DP and I had the 'having a baby talk' and I thought I'd come on here again to brush up on all things baby. However, AF was due to arrive 2 days ago and she is always extremely punctual. Every 4 weeks to the day I mark the calendar etc... But she's late. 2 days ago I had the usual ungodly cramping and lower back pain as per the norm but it's gone. BFN yesterday and today though.

Anyway, I'm wondering, if my cycle is as clockwork as I believe, can I estimate when I ovulated? I know my BD dates so I was hoping I might be able to suss out if it's even possible I am UTD or if AF is just April fooling me.

Any advice or opinions are much appreciated as I really wasn't prepared for this, have no idea about any of it and don't know quite how I feel about it all. If this is the wrong place for my thread I do apologise and I hope I'm not offending anyone with my ignorance as I know that TTC is a trying and emotional experience.

Big love, G.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If just wait until when Af arrives count that as CD1 and use opks to find out when y I u ovulate if your a 28 day cycle you prob should be dtd from day 10-16

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find charting my cycle using the fertility friend app as well as the OPK's and temping the best method. OPK's are great for knowing when you are ovulating in that cycle but temping lets you understand your cycles better and help you pinpoint when you do ovulate each month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your cycle is usually clockwork, then you would have O'd 14-16 days before AF was due, if that helps

Unless you have a short second half of your cycle, which is less likely, the second half is 14-16 days, even if the first half of your cycle is shorter or longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. Given my dates and your estimated O time it's entirely possible that I'm UTD I guess I'll have to buy another test and see. I'll also get one of the apps and immerse myself in that.
    Thanks again and for you all.