+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lost how to loose weight????????????????HELP

Hi,

I am looking for help on which way to proceed.

A story of me thus far in a nutshell.

From aged 13yrs disordered eating.

From aged 14yrs anorexia (weight loss but not boney) till 24yrs Wish I was that weight now! Ate an apple, or 2 red frog lollies per day. Could not get out of sunday lunch so I fed most to the dog. 4 hours of exercise per day and that was on top of my gymnastics.

26 yrs went to uni and slipped into anorexia again.

29 lived in Sydney and started loosing weight again by using protein powders and food it was awesome! 4-5kg every 2 weeks. But also minimum 2hours of exercise on top of what I was doing at work. I had a very busy job with lots of walking 8 hours.

31 got ill no longer could I work or do exercise. Gained weight hand over fist.

Tried protein powders without exercise it hasn't worked.

Found out a way through trial and error that I can do a very light work out modified.

I have a huge amount of fat on my body even when I was anorexic. My body loves to hang onto fat! I am so lost as how to proceed.

I want to loose weight more importantly fat! But if being anorexic did me no favours both in health or fat loss what do I do?? I have a non existent metabolism. All my boyfriends previous to my husband said I eat like a bird. I have others say the same thing like my friends and aquaitences that don't know me. My friend got sick at the same time as me. We both did not eat for the week. His weight loss 5kg mine 0.5kg. My husband and I got sick at the same time he lost 5kg in one week I lost nothing this time.

Oh and a dieticians diet have me loose 5kgs then had me plateau for one month and then I started climbing back up. He wanted to know what I was doing wrong I said Im following your advise to the letter!!

Weight watchers had me go up not down.

Im really really confused. I have thought about body building. something has got to give.

I have been tested for PCOS and that's not it. Next step to go get a throughra check up!! Bloods hormones etc. Anything that's responsible for not having a metabolism and hormones or whatever.
    I am so lost!!!!!!!! its not funny. for me calories in and out does not equal weight loss!!!!!! Its not simple for me. I know there has to be someone else out there like me. Im about to be asked to be tested for the caveman gene. Im lost as to what it can be.

Im sick of looking like this and having the fat Anyone else have a journey similar to mine? What helped you? Even if you know of any testing I should get.

right now I have figured out I can do 5 burpies, 5 star jumps, jog one to two laps of the backyard, 9 push ups, and much to my dismay 9 sit ups. My stomach muscles simply aren't capable of more at this stage. ( I am used to doing a hundred each day) I was a gym junkie.

ANY IDEAS

Thank you in advance.
    Wiccan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think for you a psychologist should be your first port of call as it sounds like your relationship with food and body image need work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think for you a psychologist should be your first port of call as it sounds like your relationship with food and body image need work.
    This.

Your metabolism will not work properly if you are not eating correctly.

You have to firstly go to the GP. Check your blood levels for everything. Including things like thyroid, liver function and even hormones.

You need counselling. From what yiu have written you do not have a good relationship with food or your body.

Then you need a dietician. It will never ever be a quick fix. Please do not continue dieting as you may be doing more harm to your body.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may find the real meal revolution an interesting read - I'm no dietitian and don't have the same weigh issues you describe, but I like that its about real healthy food, it's a lifestyle not a diet. Though I am currently pregnant and not following it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkTutu For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I will try and make it back tonight with things I have learnt and what has worked for me. I suffered ED for almost 7 years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (02-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please know the my post is from my personal experience only and I do not have any formal education in nutrition, exercise or psychology.

I have to agree with pp that first and foremost, it is essential that you seek counselling. As you would be aware, ED are far more psychological than physical. No matter what physical changes or progress you make, your perception of yourself may never change without professional help.

Essentially, having an ED has wrecked your metabolism and the only way to get it back is through healthy diet and exercise (providing you have no other underlying medical conditions). Your body has trained itself to survive off muscle not fat or calories. The right program will eventually get your metabolism going again but this will take time. Dieting/reducing calorie intake is only going to make it worse.

From what you say about not being able to do certain exercises I am led to think that you have no muscle mass left which would give you a more 'flabby' appearance. In order to build muscle mass you need to do light/moderate weight training. I personally like Body Pump as I can adjust my weights as I get stronger. It also offers cardio. Building lean muscle will give you a more toned appearance and also assist in fat burning.

There's probably a whole lot more I could say but I think it's something best done in small steps. I find when I go all out I become dangerously obsessed again and regress back to ED.

Please first concentrate on muscle mass/body fat percentage/clothing size then look toward losing the excess weight. Don't be disheartened by slow weight loss if the above measurements are improving.

Recovery from ED is a long and often lonely road and I wish you all the best.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Wiccan  (02-04-2016)