+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I definitely don't want a c section. I will have some help from my mum to look after my toddler and the house though so that will be nice.

I haven't had any bleeds at all though last time my placenta stuck damn well and I ended in theatre for removal with suspected accreta. My mum actually had issues with placenta not coming away with both of her births too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Fingers X it has moved for you. No one wants a c-sec, you can't do anything for 6wks !! It will drive me insane
    I had 2 fantastic c-sections. I was up and about hours afterwards and did not experience any restriction of movement etc

I was driving well before 6 weeks with the permission of my obgyn. It all depends on your pain level/recovery and whether you can safely drive a car in view of pain etc

But OP, I have your placenta moves so that you can have a vaginal birth.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    I had 2 fantastic c-sections. I was up and about hours afterwards and did not experience any restriction of movement etc

I was driving well before 6 weeks with the permission of my obgyn. It all depends on your pain level/recovery and whether you can safely drive a car in view of pain etc

But OP, I have your placenta moves so that you can have a vaginal birth.
    That gives me hope. I was not up after my VB til the next day. How long does the catheter stay in? I don't drive anyway so that's not an issue. It's just major surgery that scares me as I have had major abdo surgery in the past (I sport a 30cm long scar from my bellybutton to my side). Also worried I won't get bonding time with my baby as I missed out on spending hours with my daughter in hospital after she was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    That gives me hope. I was not up after my VB til the next day. How long does the catheter stay in? I don't drive anyway so that's not an issue. It's just major surgery that scares me as I have had major abdo surgery in the past (I sport a 30cm long scar from my bellybutton to my side). Also worried I won't get bonding time with my baby as I missed out on spending hours with my daughter in hospital after she was born.
    I had an emergency c-section due to severe preeclampsia so bit different but the recovery itself was much easier than I anticipated. I took all the pain relief offered for a week or so but was driving within 3 weeks and vacuumed the house at 4 weeks post. My ob said there are no fixed timelines about when you can do anything it's about how you feel and if things start to hurt then ease off. Yes it does feel tender for a while after but it wasn't enough to restrict me at all. Re bonding they should give bub straight to you while they stitch you up and bub will stay with you in recovery too. I know it's not ideal but it can be straightforward and I hope if you have to have a c-sect it's nice and easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was on my cervix until 18 weeks at anatomy had moved to 0.8cm from cervix

By 34 weeks it was 2.6cm away so cleared for vaginal birth by 6mm

I had a posterior placenta so was slow to migrate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Mine was on my cervix until 18 weeks at anatomy had moved to 0.8cm from cervix

By 34 weeks it was 2.6cm away so cleared for vaginal birth by 6mm

I had a posterior placenta so was slow to migrate
    Hmm mine is posterior too

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mamasupial, the catheter stayed in until I was able to get up and pee on the loo. An hour or so, I think. I didn't find it uncomfortable though. On the contrary, it was great to be able to pee with zero effort.

30cm scar? Ouch, that is big. I think one of the secrets though is to keep on top of pain management by making sure that you don't miss a scheduled dose at all, for the first week or two post c-section. With my first born I had to wait a day or two to hold him as he was born @ 33 weeks and was in SCN.
    With my full term DD I was able to have her lying on my chest from the moment she was born. She had a few Daddy cuddles in that time too but that was good for all of us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    @Mamasupial, the catheter stayed in until I was able to get up and pee on the loo. An hour or so, I think. I didn't find it uncomfortable though. On the contrary, it was great to be able to pee with zero effort.

30cm scar? Ouch, that is big. I think one of the secrets though is to keep on top of pain management by making sure that you don't miss a scheduled dose at all, for the first week or two post c-section. With my first born I had to wait a day or two to hold him as he was born @ 33 weeks and was in SCN.
    With my full term DD I was able to have her lying on my chest from the moment she was born. She had a few Daddy cuddles in that time too but that was good for all of us.
    Hmm mine was in much longer but maybe that's because it was put in after birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it rude of me to ask why they put one in after the birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was a grade 4 placenta Previa it never moved after 20 weeks, hope yours moves for you good luck