+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the last time for me was about 8 years ago; long term antibiotics for chronic mastitis.

DS1 has had about 3 courses this year. At least 4 courses last year. He is prone to skin infections.

DD- can't even remember.

DS2 had many, many courses as a baby/toddler. He was almost constantly on them, for nasty foreskin infections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Me, not since I was a kid, I rarely get sick (fancy that I was formula fed too and I have a very strong immune system) DD is 4 and has taken them once for a throat infection. DS is 18 months and has never had them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both kids have had way too many ab's I'm afraid. I mean prob 12 or more lots but since the ENT surgery none.

I'm the same. Had heaaaaaps then had surgery at 21 had to lots after my c section

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't taken AB for years.
    My daughter is 3. She's had some big doses of ABs around both her heart surgeries. Plus when she has any surgeries or dental work she needs them because of her heart condition.
    So I try to avoid them for her..she gets sick a lot and we always swab/ do pathology to see if it's bacterial or viral. .to try and not use ABs unless necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had them a few times in the last year and a half. I had antibiotics when I was in labour, and then a strong course immediately after DS was born, only because I had a 3rd degree tear and it's generally a precaution for me to be give AB for any surgeries or deep/large wounds, as my heart defect makes me more likely to develop bacterial endocarditis. Also have had mastitis a couple of times which has necessitated AB. And a UTI.

DS has had AB once for bacterial tonsillitis and ear infection.