+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last time for me was about 4.5yrs ago. 17wks pregnant with dd and had an awful, awful chest infection that almost landed me in hospital.

Dr (4) and ds (18mths) have both never needed any though ds did receive 1 dose via his iv as precaution when he had an op at 8mths

Eta: actually just remembered I had ab's after my cs with ds. Somehow got an infection in my hand where my cannula went in
    Last edited by michellek; 01-04-2016 at 21:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Honestly I would take them. If you do get a infection in bone especially a bone in the face thinks can go seriously wrong super fast.
    It's not worth the risk.
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    a seldomly as possible, last time was 2 years ago for a UTI,
    expecting a course on monday hoping thats all the dr needs to 'talk' about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not often at all. A couple of times in the last ten years.
    I couldn't even tell you how many times my kids have had them...not much at all.
    Last edited by Full House; 01-04-2016 at 21:27.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Me- last September. Before that I couldn't tell you.
    Df- last month. Double ear infection.
    All kids- last September. They all had some bacterial bug that was hideous. That was dd's first time and she was just gone 2. The boys used to get ear infections often and so have had them a few times, but not a lot in the last 5 years.
    Oh and ds2 had another round in October for a dog bite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Probably a couple of times a year, I'm on them currently for a horrible sinus infection. I had them once last year for a sinus infection and once for a uti. Also once the year before for sinusitis again.
    DH had them about a month ago for pneumonia, a couple of months before that for a tooth infection and probably once last year for a chest infection.
    The kids have had them maybe once or twice for ear or chest infections. DS has had them more due to being allergic to mozzie bites which was causing skin infections (thankfully he seems to have grown out of this).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can only remember taking two courses in the last 5 or so years. One lot when I was pregnant with DD (now 3) for Group B Strep and whilst pregnant with DS (now 1) after bringing home a not so friendly giardia parasite from our holiday to Fiji!

Neither of the kids have had antibiotics, although DD just started pre school so I would expect the illnesses to start coming thick and fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last time I took anti biopics was for a severe sore throat about 3 years ago. Last time for one of the kids was for an ear infection about 2 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember the last time for me, maybe got given some when I had my c sections though? I'm not sure.

DD1 is only 5 and had them countless times. She's had a rough trot with ear infections, bacterial tonsillitis and UTIs. The last ear infection I thought we'd just try and ride it out (she said she wasn't in pain) but she bled from her ear for 2 weeks so had to have them anyway

DD2 is almost 3 and has had them twice for chest infections.

DH had them a couple of years ago for infected toes after a hiking trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me - can't recall...maybe not in 5+yrs
    DD - lots as a toddler for chronic ear infections ( eventual grommets) also oral and IV for skin abcesses...she is prone to skin infections that get nasty.
    DS1 - once as a toddler for pneumonia.
    DS2 - few times for bad tonsillitis